This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Least creative Pokemon Designs

#71KeeperOfShadowsPosted 2/2/2013 2:56:22 PM
scrappybristol posted...
Each generation has their share of good and bad designs.

This. Also, I never really understood what was so much more uncreative about gen 4's pokemon. Evolutions are uncreative?
---
PSN: KoS_DJ25
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#72Grammar_manPosted 2/2/2013 4:03:02 PM
Okay, you've got your Grimers, your Voltorbs, your Seels, Digletts and Manemites.

Think about these ones: both Nidoran lines. They have rough similarities to some real creatures, but are really quite unique. You don't really see any original monsters anymore - most everything resembles an existing animal / object / etc, excluding legendaries.

...Now go watch Godzilla, and pay attention to a certain beast named Baragon.

These two are not unique at all, they are similar enough to be a homage to the Godzilla series.

Onix. Looks simple, but a rock snake? Nowadays they'd just make a snake that closer fits a conventional view of a snake like Grass. It's a snake, but with a unique twist.
Slowpoke and Slowbro. Mildly hippo-like but pretty unique. With Psychic powers? A Shellder clamped on its tail? Again, has quite a degree of originality.
Jigglypuff line, Clefairy line, Unidentifiable, dinosaur-like creature wearing and using bones. Electabuzz. Magmar.

I'll give you these.

Abra line,

Human-like Foxes with Magic abilities.... Oh, wait, doesn't that sound like a certain mythological creature. The Kitsune? The entire evolution was a Kitsune mixed with a jewish magician(Uri Geller). Decently unique and inventive.

the Hitmons: being based on styles of fighting rather than an identifiable creature / whatever.

Arguable. They were based on famous japanese fighters Sawamura and Ebihara.

Fat, hypnotic tapirs.

Not at all based in myth, right? Or based on these; http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2367/2339528980_db875eab5f.jpg

Baku. Read up on them. Munna and Musharna are a far more unique take.

^_^ Love Exeggutor, though.
#73Fastest_SpartanPosted 2/2/2013 4:03:42 PM
scrappybristol posted...
Each generation has their share of good and bad designs.

---
If someone tries to touch you, DO A BARREL ROLL!!!
#74sinfulGrimoirePosted 2/2/2013 4:04:14 PM
Absolutely none of them. They're all creative and original. If someone who isn't GameFreak and doesn't have a hand in developing Pokemon games thinks they're uncreative, that doesn't matter, because they're not important.
#75EnferolunosPosted 2/2/2013 4:06:59 PM
sinfulGrimoire posted...
Absolutely none of them. They're all creative and original. If someone who isn't GameFreak and doesn't have a hand in developing Pokemon games thinks they're uncreative, that doesn't matter, because they're not important.

It asked "which gen is least creative," not "which gen is uncreative."
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#76GiftedACIIIPosted 2/2/2013 7:38:40 PM
Coop14 posted...
Coop14 posted...
GiftedACIII posted...

Nostalgia fanboys are so hilarious with their view on what Pokemon is "supposed" to be. Guess what? You're not Gamefreak, a portion of the fanbase, or even good at the game (noncompetitive).

Your calling another poster a fanboy because he is stating his opinion. Let me add your getting fairly defensive for what reason?

Lord this is pitiful.

*You're and your sig reveals that you're someone not worth talking to. Only nostalgia fanboys can bring up designs as a point because nothing else about the older gens were good. God, design whores are so annoying.

Pulling the sig card because you're running out of comebacks. I see, let me add a rebuttal...

Your offended because we're talking about designs, something that is not affecting you negatively in anyway shape or form, yet you find yourself compelled to strike up a argument because somebody disagrees with your views when he stated it was his opinion?

Your pathetic, seriously I mean I am lost for words at just how pathetic you're of a human being. Really, if your trolling, are you proud of yourself? Your upset because someone likes a particular aspect that you dont like?

Its absolutely revolting and you should be ashamed.

Not offended, just dissappointed with contempt in dorks who play Pokemon after the age of 12 and still only look at designs like children. And lol pathetic? I'm not the design/graphic whore who suck at the actual game and have to resort to judging appearences on what seems "cool".

Apparently, liking the design of a Pokemon akes you a noob for some reason. And apparently, only the competitive aspect of Pokemon counts. At least, that's what GiftACIII is saying.

Its because you are. Any child can compare designs (and its almost always the gen they started with that they consider the coolest) but it takes actual brains to utilize strageies and play against actual humans. That said, Comptitive isn't even that hard. You must really hate thinking if you can't even play Pokemon against other humans.
#77EnferolunosPosted 2/2/2013 7:42:24 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
Coop14 posted...
*You're and your sig reveals that you're someone not worth talking to. Only nostalgia fanboys can bring up designs as a point because nothing else about the older gens were good. God, design whores are so annoying.

Pulling the sig card because you're running out of comebacks. I see, let me add a rebuttal...

Your offended because we're talking about designs, something that is not affecting you negatively in anyway shape or form, yet you find yourself compelled to strike up a argument because somebody disagrees with your views when he stated it was his opinion?

Your pathetic, seriously I mean I am lost for words at just how pathetic you're of a human being. Really, if your trolling, are you proud of yourself? Your upset because someone likes a particular aspect that you dont like?

Its absolutely revolting and you should be ashamed.

Not offended, just dissappointed with contempt in dorks who play Pokemon after the age of 12 and still only look at designs like children. And lol pathetic? I'm not the design/graphic whore who suck at the actual game and have to resort to judging appearences on what seems "cool".

Apparently, liking the design of a Pokemon akes you a noob for some reason. And apparently, only the competitive aspect of Pokemon counts. At least, that's what GiftACIII is saying.

Its because you are. Any child can compare designs (and its almost always the gen they started with that they consider the coolest) but it takes actual brains to utilize strageies and play against actual humans. That said, Comptitive isn't even that hard. You must really hate thinking if you can't even play Pokemon against other humans.

I'm a fourth year physics major with a 3.9 GPA. I like designs over functionality for pokemon. Do I hate to think?
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#78KosacVPosted 2/2/2013 7:45:23 PM
I don't think any gen has the least creative pokemon designs, but I do think gen IV has the more overall bad designs than the others, so IV.
---
This one knows what he's doing...
#79MaximoomPosted 2/2/2013 8:44:59 PM
Gen IV is like 90% fugly pokemons.
#80roo10158Posted 2/2/2013 9:08:32 PM
Gen 1 > Gen 3 > Gen 2 = Gen 4 > Gen 5
---
My systems: Genesis/32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, GG, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, Xbox360, PS1, PS2, PS3, GBC, DS Lite, DSi XL, 3DS, PS VITA