This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

All Types Ranked by Popularity

#1AccrovideogamesPosted 1/30/2013 11:16:24 AM
1st: Electric
2nd: Dragon
3rd: Fire
4th: Dark
5th: Water
6th: Psychic
7th: Ice
8th: Ghost
9th: Steel
10th: Ground
11th: Flying
12th: Grass
13th: Fighting
14th: Bug
15th: Normal
16th: Poison
17th: Rock
---
I'm French speaking.
Male, 22, Quebec
#2adismaltheftPosted 1/30/2013 11:18:18 AM
Can you tell me all the words for the types in French please?
---
I think never is enough.
Gamertag: Icecold229
#3AuroraSonicBeamPosted 1/30/2013 11:20:47 AM
My favorite type is the most popular..
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#4PolimarioPosted 1/30/2013 11:21:32 AM
1st: Electric
2nd: Dragon

Zekrom Master Race.
---
http://i.imgur.com/VXDSChH.png
Obey the Queen
#5ChackNorris7Posted 1/30/2013 11:23:59 AM
Why do people like Electric so much?
---
Bazinga! *dives into ballpit*
Official Keldeo of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#6MugilokoPosted 1/30/2013 11:24:16 AM
>My favorite type didn't won

BS.
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/VcOip.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#7Accrovideogames(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 11:54:09 AM
adismaltheft posted...

That's a pretty weird request but I'll grant it to you.

Électrique
Dragon
Feu
Obscur
Eau
Psychique
Glace
Fantôme
Acier
Sol
Volant
Herbe
Combattant
Insecte
Normal
Poison
Roche

Those are my translations and they're pretty direct, I checked the official names after typing them and some were different.

Électrique: Électrik (Electric: "not a word")
Obscur: Ténèbres (Dark: Darkness)
Psychique: Psy (Psychic: "short for psychologist or psychiatrist")
Fantôme: Spectre (Ghost: Specter)
Volant: Vol (Flying: Fly)
Herbe: Plante (Grass: Plant)
Combattant: Combat (Fighting: Fight)

"Électrik" makes so sense, they most likely wrote it that way because of a character limit.
"Ténèbres" is a wrong translation, Dark isn't supposed to be about the darkness and shadows. By the way, the dark side (Star Wars) is "côté obscur" in French.
"Psy" isn't exactly a word but more like a diminutive, kind of like math for mathematics and doc for doctor. They most likely spelled it that way thanks to a character limit, too bad it doesn't refer to the same thing.
"Spectre" isn't a direct translation from Ghost but specter, they're pretty much the same thing anyway.
"Vol", unlike Fly, is a noun in French but it would make more sense if they used "Volant".
"Plante" isn't a direct translation from Grass but plant, they're not the same thing but it does make sense.
"Combat" is like "Vol" but here a character limit can be used as an excuse.

The rest of my translations happen to be the same in official French games. Since Black and White, French versions are now sold in Québec and they're basically PAL versions converted to NTSC with the PEGI rating instead of the ESRB one (weird, I know). I much prefer Pokémon games in English so I always choose the English version because I'm used to the English names and I like talking about Pokémon in English on the Internet. Our French dub for the anime is also much different than the one from France because it uses all the English names of characters and Pokémon. The reason for this are the video games that were in English only, they didn't want to confuse us with different names. Nowadays, with some playing cards and games being fully translated in French, people, especially children, are very confused about it. The anime, thankfully, stayed the same.
---
I'm French speaking.
Male, 22, Quebec
#8adismaltheftPosted 1/30/2013 11:56:16 AM
Accrovideogames posted...
adismaltheft posted...

That's a pretty weird request but I'll grant it to you.

Électrique
Dragon
Feu
Obscur
Eau
Psychique
Glace
Fantôme
Acier
Sol
Volant
Herbe
Combattant
Insecte
Normal
Poison
Roche

Those are my translations and they're pretty direct, I checked the official names after typing them and some were different.

Électrique: Électrik (Electric: "not a word")
Obscur: Ténèbres (Dark: Darkness)
Psychique: Psy (Psychic: "short for psychologist or psychiatrist")
Fantôme: Spectre (Ghost: Specter)
Volant: Vol (Flying: Fly)
Herbe: Plante (Grass: Plant)
Combattant: Combat (Fighting: Fight)

"Électrik" makes so sense, they most likely wrote it that way because of a character limit.
"Ténèbres" is a wrong translation, Dark isn't supposed to be about the darkness and shadows. By the way, the dark side (Star Wars) is "côté obscur" in French.
"Psy" isn't exactly a word but more like a diminutive, kind of like math for mathematics and doc for doctor. They most likely spelled it that way thanks to a character limit, too bad it doesn't refer to the same thing.
"Spectre" isn't a direct translation from Ghost but specter, they're pretty much the same thing anyway.
"Vol", unlike Fly, is a noun in French but it would make more sense if they used "Volant".
"Plante" isn't a direct translation from Grass but plant, they're not the same thing but it does make sense.
"Combat" is like "Vol" but here a character limit can be used as an excuse.

The rest of my translations happen to be the same in official French games. Since Black and White, French versions are now sold in Québec and they're basically PAL versions converted to NTSC with the PEGI rating instead of the ESRB one (weird, I know). I much prefer Pokémon games in English so I always choose the English version because I'm used to the English names and I like talking about Pokémon in English on the Internet. Our French dub for the anime is also much different than the one from France because it uses all the English names of characters and Pokémon. The reason for this are the video games that were in English only, they didn't want to confuse us with different names. Nowadays, with some playing cards and games being fully translated in French, people, especially children, are very confused about it. The anime, thankfully, stayed the same.

Thanks, Accrovideogames!
---
I think never is enough.
Gamertag: Icecold229
#9ArethaiPosted 1/30/2013 11:58:50 AM
Why so much Electric love? Most electric types are pretty unimpressive.
#10CakeOfLiesPosted 1/30/2013 12:11:17 PM
Last time I saw a list like this, Dragon was first with Fire in second...
Where did the Electric love come from?
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/11/wXLYp87DiE2C6xnGXLS7BA2.jpg