This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I feel stupid.

#21nro87Posted 1/30/2013 4:27:09 PM
mashimizu posted...
nro87 posted...
I don't mean to sound rude, but I really don't know how some of these are possible. Do people just not pay attention? I understand not knowing where the Magikarp salesman is, because that's not important to the game. But forgetting typings and evolutions is just ridiculous. I mean, you really have to just pay no attention at all when playing for this to happen.

Lol I actually can relate to some of these. Their just oversights dude, no big deal. Not everyone sleeps and breaths pokemon you know.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to be rude or insult anyone. I just don't understand how some of these things happen. I don't know if I'm just that much more attentive than others or what.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#22Balamb00Posted 1/30/2013 4:52:07 PM(edited)
nro87 posted...
mashimizu posted...
nro87 posted...
I don't mean to sound rude, but I really don't know how some of these are possible. Do people just not pay attention? I understand not knowing where the Magikarp salesman is, because that's not important to the game. But forgetting typings and evolutions is just ridiculous. I mean, you really have to just pay no attention at all when playing for this to happen.

Lol I actually can relate to some of these. Their just oversights dude, no big deal. Not everyone sleeps and breaths pokemon you know.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to be rude or insult anyone. I just don't understand how some of these things happen. I don't know if I'm just that much more attentive than others or what.

Attentive or not, these things can still happen. I'm well aware of nearly all the typings for each Pokemon but I still make mistakes with Pokemon I pay no attention to.

For instance, I have for the longest time thought Drapion was bug/poison not dark/poison. And I still couldn't tell you what Claydol is. And I literally just found out in this topic that Groudon is not associated with Fire whatsoever yet has at least three moves that are fire based. :O
#23GoldenSun3DSPosted 1/30/2013 4:56:00 PM
I thought Skarmory was from Gen 3.
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4!
http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/ | http://facebook.com/pages/Operation-Sunrise/371417546251291
#24tsunamisurfer08Posted 1/30/2013 5:00:25 PM
nro87 posted...
mashimizu posted...
nro87 posted...

Some people enjoy playing a game without studying it like an exam first. There's an extra layer of challenge when you have no idea what evolutions or types everything is.
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.
#25CakeOfLiesPosted 1/30/2013 5:11:08 PM
For the longest time...

I thought Ice was SE against Water...
I thought it was a good idea to give Gengar a bounty of physical attacks...
I thought you had to weaken a Wild Pokemon before trying to catch it. Then I tried to "weaken" a Shiny...
I thought the Tynamo line was Water-Type so I was using Grass and Electric-Type moves against it...
I thought Whitney's Miltank was gonna be easy...
I thought Techno Blast was a good move...
I thought evolving Dratini between the 8th Gym and the Elite Four in SoulSilver was gonna be easy...
I thought Light was a Type in Gen 5...

Need I go on...?
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/11/wXLYp87DiE2C6xnGXLS7BA2.jpg
#26TranquilSeaPosted 1/30/2013 5:17:04 PM
Need I go on...?

Yes please.
---
And you're too drunk to notice that everyone's staring at you
You so care what you look like, the world is falling around you
#27overmaxxPosted 1/30/2013 5:17:09 PM
I sometimes forget the typing of a opponent Pokemon, and am greeted by that damn "thump" that precedes a not very effective hit.

I feel stupid because this shouldn't happen when I have played Pokemon for more than 10 years.
#28Missingno_MastrPosted 1/30/2013 5:38:19 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
I thought Whitney's Miltank was gonna be easy...

*shudders* You and me both. That was horrib- oh Arceus, the flashbacks. No. No! NO! NOOOOOO! Enemy MILTANK used ROLLOUT! Enemy MILTANK used ROLLOUT! Enemy MILTANK used STOMP! SO! MUCH! FLINCHIIIIING!!!!
---
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/groups/weezing-alliance/pictures/59420-1.PNG
#29GiftedACIIIPosted 1/30/2013 5:47:05 PM
I never went into the game corner in D/P/PT to hear the amazing rave music.
#30PolimarioPosted 1/30/2013 5:54:11 PM
Back when I got Emerald, I thought Smeargle was Gen 3, due to never running into one in Gold/Silver.

Kept thinking that until Diamond and Pearl.

Oh, and I wasn't aware of the Regis back then as well. I remember asking a kid at a pool how to reach them. Did what he said, failed. Then I realized the puzzles were different for Emerald, and he gave me the answers for the Ruby/Sapphire puzzles.

This wasn't me, but I felt like sharing.
Later, with either Pearl or Platinum, me and a friend battled. Every time he tried to attack me with his Luxray, I switched in my Swampert (Sent from Emerald) and would take no damage. He got flustered at my playing smart.

Oh, and I wasn't aware of competitive battling until late Platinum/early HG/SS. I wasn't aware Rare Candy levels didn't factor in EVs. So, after beating a crapton of Tentacool to beef up my Luiga's Sp.Def, I used the Candy to get the level, noticed I got no extra boosts, and reset.

...Did I mention the last time I saved was in front of Lugia? So I had to recatch and SR for a good nature AGAIN.
---
http://i.imgur.com/VXDSChH.png
Obey the Queen