This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kotaku article ranking about best and worst Pokemon games

#21VycoulPosted 1/30/2013 8:34:31 PM
"...Technical Machines became very similar to HMs, in that they have infinite uses. This addition was, in my opinion, a double edged sword...

Hahahahaha!
Hahaha...
---
Thank God for inner monologue. ~ Miles Edgeworth
#22LexifoxPosted 1/30/2013 8:34:44 PM
First off, loltaku

Second, Nothing will take away just how special the first generation of Pokémon was, but Generation II was where Pokémon really started to open up. The formal introduction of dual-types (Charizard can now fly! (I know he could in Yellow, but he couldn't in Green/Red/Blue)), a

Really. loltaku, man.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#23tsunamisurfer08Posted 1/30/2013 8:45:04 PM
I feel like my IQ dropped a few points from attempting to read that. I...wow.
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.
#24vital_tundraPosted 1/30/2013 8:48:28 PM
Wait, so he doesn't like more Pokemon. That's the dumbest thing I have heard. The only thing that would in fact burn out Pokemon is a lack of new Pokemon. That's what was so great about gen 5. No more of the same Pokemon you see in every game like geodude, Zigbar, magikarp. This dude is living in the past.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#25TerradriusPosted 1/30/2013 9:18:25 PM(edited)
Well, the fact that he seems to think that the effectiveness display bug in Gen 1 was more than just a display bug hurts his credibility somewhat (especially given that the "formal implementation of dual types" was one of his first reasons for liking gen 2), and IV's were roughly as prominent in gen 1 and 2 as they were in gen 3+, which he doesn't seem to recognize. At least he's honest that placing gen 3 after 1 and 2 was based largely on his opinion of the pokemon. A little annoyed at the lack of mention of the physical/special split for gen 4. And I'm very disappointed that the PWT doesn't even get a mention in Gen 5, given how hard he geeks out about how awesome bringing back brock (why specifically brock?) and red in gen 2 was; and a little surprised that he didn't mention the change to the xp system in gen 5 as well.

Didn't think it was particularly good, but the author admits that his opinions played a decent role, so that's something, at least. Still, definitely could've been more fact-checked.

EDIT: And I supposed I can see what he meant with the "double-edged sword" comment, but man could he have worded that sentence better.
---
http://adamgaming.blogspot.com/ - My game review/design blog, which I have finally gotten back to updating. Sporadically.
Jesus saves. PSN: Orethen
#26tsunamisurfer08Posted 1/30/2013 9:15:01 PM
vital_tundra posted...
Wait, so he doesn't like more Pokemon. That's the dumbest thing I have heard. The only thing that would in fact burn out Pokemon is a lack of new Pokemon. That's what was so great about gen 5. No more of the same Pokemon you see in every game like geodude, Zigbar, magikarp. This dude is living in the past.

I kind of want this as a Pokemon now.
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.
#27MephilasPosted 1/30/2013 9:17:02 PM
Oh boy. More opinion.
---
GENERATION 22: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
#28Ari917Posted 1/30/2013 9:23:49 PM
Kotaku
Nothing will take away just how special the first generation of Pokémon was, but Generation II was where Pokémon really started to open up. The formal introduction of dual-types...

http://img3.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/fe9f08c1bb6a7f984cde684116c9bc9f1225938896_full.gif
#29GiftedACIIIPosted 1/30/2013 9:27:26 PM
HAHAHAHA loltaku and the brain-damaged author. JOHTO INVENTED FORMAL DUAL TYPING GUIZ! Infinite TMs are doubled edged because its easy while taking away the challenge!
#30HeroKirbyPosted 1/30/2013 9:35:13 PM
Weird. I found the first two generations to be by far the most boring.