This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kotaku article ranking about best and worst Pokemon games

#51Shadow_StarWolf(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 10:57:54 PM
The ranking is pretty much spot on. Just swap IV and V and it's perfect.

lolno
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
#52CM_PLUNGEPosted 1/30/2013 11:31:14 PM
Well Kotaku is te ****iest site around, so I wouldn't take their opinion in consideration but having gen 5 as worse is absolutelly retarded
#53vital_tundraPosted 1/30/2013 11:32:26 PM
tsunamisurfer08 posted...
vital_tundra posted...
Wait, so he doesn't like more Pokemon. That's the dumbest thing I have heard. The only thing that would in fact burn out Pokemon is a lack of new Pokemon. That's what was so great about gen 5. No more of the same Pokemon you see in every game like geodude, Zigbar, magikarp. This dude is living in the past.

I kind of want this as a Pokemon now.

I wonder why my phone auto corrected Zubat to Zigbar...
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#54RiKuToTheMiGhtYPosted 1/30/2013 11:41:03 PM
The proper order should be this in my opinion:

Gen 2, Gen 1, Gen 4, Gen 5, and last is Gen 3.
---
doa-plus.com - We Press Forward. . . By Pressing Back.
#55LexifoxPosted 1/30/2013 11:42:14 PM
Gen 5 > 4 > 3 > 2 > 1.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#56Uru_ZephPosted 1/30/2013 11:47:41 PM
Shadow_StarWolf posted...
http://kotaku.com/5888595/ten-ways-to-make-the-next-pokemon-games-the-very-best-like-no-one-ever-was

Abandon all hope.

Bull**** list. The only suggestions I could even somewhat support are 1 and 5-9, but even most of those are dumb and inconsequential.

Designing a gym could be kinda fun... but only if they actually had cool implementation of being a gym leader, which would take a lot of ironing out. Worth a thought though.

Character customization... eh. I like most of the sprites that we're given, and since I nuzlocke it's actually helpful that I'm not completely customizing my own character's appearance, but it certainly wouldn't be a bad thing I guess.

The pokeball thing... yeah... sure, whatever rocks your jollies I guess. It'd be neat, but I probably wouldn't use it much because I just wouldn't care enough to do it for every pokemon.

As for the stuff I somewhat agreed with...

I actually kinda agree with the story thing. I miss the days where I wasn't dragged around every ten freaking steps by some npc idiot. I initially thought that this had to do with Gamefreak adding more NPC interactions, but they npc interactions have stayed roughly the same. The difference is that rather than letting us be intelligent players who can go find and talk to the NPC, they decide to put them all right in the freaking way. Makes me feel less like an explorer of the Pokemon world and more like a babysitter. Also, the epic stories are starting to feel a lot less epic... I feel like part of Pokemon's charm was in the simplicity of the story, but this is a personal preference. I wouldn't mind seeing an epic story every once in a while, maybe for the "third game(s)" of the generations.

Co-Op of some sort would be fun, end of story. Just not the way the author describes how to do it. The special dungeon idea I can flow with, just not his ideas for it.

Couldn't care less about the "catch 'em all" benchmarks (seriously, who even cares enough to try anymore? adding a unique reward would just be aggravating...), but I do dislike "event pokemon" quite a bit. Just let us catch the freaking things, what do you really gain by making us drive to Gamestop just to nab a special pokemon? Or get online during certain special times? I'd maybe be more fine with it if they recycled these "giveaways" more often, but I just think it'd be a lot more fun to get to catch the legendaries.

I have my own ideas of how Pokemon could be improved, and I'm pretty darn sure my list blows this one out of the water. At least, it doesn't recommend taking out elements of the game that are actually good.
#57LightningAce11Posted 1/30/2013 11:48:25 PM
Lexifox posted...
Gen 5 > 4 > 3 > 2 > 1.

What lexi says.
---
Official Zapdos of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
Married to Rosa
#58LexifoxPosted 1/30/2013 11:52:47 PM
Couldn't care less about the "catch 'em all" benchmarks (seriously, who even cares enough to try anymore? adding a unique reward would just be aggravating...), but I do dislike "event pokemon" quite a bit. Just let us catch the freaking things, what do you really gain by making us drive to Gamestop just to nab a special pokemon? Or get online during certain special times? I'd maybe be more fine with it if they recycled these "giveaways" more often, but I just think it'd be a lot more fun to get to catch the legendaries.

Did you miss the new area unlocked for seeing the Unova Dex Pokemon, the key item that raises egg production with catching all the Unova Dex Pokemon, and the Shiny Charm from catching the National Dex Pokemon?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#59Afrotastic_JPosted 1/30/2013 11:53:22 PM
Dang, sorta just realizing how much this board hates Gen II.

It's personally my favorite.
---
"I... am... KROGAN!" -- Urdnot Grunt
#60LexifoxPosted 1/30/2013 11:54:07 PM
Afrotastic_J posted...
Dang, sorta just realizing how much this board hates Gen II.

It's personally my favorite.

There's nothing wrong with liking Gen 2. I just personally find it to be too flawed to enjoy.
---