This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kotaku article ranking about best and worst Pokemon games

#71Genericgamer667Posted 1/31/2013 12:08:32 AM
Lexifox posted...
Genericgamer667 posted...
Lexifox posted...
Genericgamer667 posted...
wait wait wait wait wait

he calls the gen 5 tm change a DOUBLE-EDGE sword. As in their are bad things about it?

this guy should stop playing pokemon-no stop playing video games altogether

The downside is that it makes the game too easy for him.

ppfffffftttt

"This addition was, in my opinion, a double edged sword, making the game easier while taking away from the challenge. I still can't decide if having flamethrower as a TM is a good or a bad thing yet."

Seriously.

Also, look at that skillful writing. It makes the game easier AND it takes away from the challenge!

you get it right before the elite four where you will kinda NEED moves like that
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#72Shadow_StarWolf(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:13:26 AM
I laugh that people think convenience = easy. There's a difference between inconvenience and difficulty.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
#73jayman7Posted 1/31/2013 12:14:58 AM
Shadow_StarWolf posted...
I laugh that people think convenience = easy. There's a difference between inconvenience and difficulty.

It's just like all those geniuses who think that a low drop rate for an important item = "challenge". And unfortunately, they exist in droves...
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#74willingmessPosted 1/31/2013 12:18:10 AM
jayman7 posted...
Shadow_StarWolf posted...

It's just like all those geniuses who think that a low drop rate for an important item = "challenge". And unfortunately, they exist in droves...

pretty much two perfect examples of the way difficulty should be handled are dark souls, and punch out!!. actually difficult instead of cheap.
---
Warning! this post may cause severe laughter. viewer discretion is advised...... read it, it's funny!
#75DragonDeoxysPosted 1/31/2013 12:20:58 AM
Some of the comments below the article are pretty atrocious as well.

"Yeah, I missed the days when Mewtwo was horribly overpowered too. Then they added those pesky darkness/steel types, and made it so any kid with a Mewtwo can't just dominate his friends. What were they thinking?"

This guys is right. What was GF thinking? How dare they add new types in an attempt to balance the game and make people win using other pokemon than Mewtwo?
Nonsense! I want the games to go back to the days where having a Mewtwo in your team was the decisive factor in a battle.
---
Black FC: 4126 5167 3147
Black 2 FC: 0562 5475 2074
#76Shadow_StarWolf(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:25:02 AM
Infinite TMs also lets you set up teams easily because you wouldn't worry about TMs. You don't have to rebuy or breed.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
#77Genericgamer667Posted 1/31/2013 12:26:54 AM
also removing evs at this point would require a gen 3 restructuring of the basic games.

in others words no transfer from past gens
---
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#78willingmessPosted 1/31/2013 12:29:12 AM
DragonDeoxys posted...
Some of the comments below the article are pretty atrocious as well.

"Yeah, I missed the days when Mewtwo was horribly overpowered too. Then they added those pesky darkness/steel types, and made it so any kid with a Mewtwo can't just dominate his friends. What were they thinking?"

This guys is right. What was GF thinking? How dare they add new types in an attempt to balance the game and make people win using other pokemon than Mewtwo?
Nonsense! I want the games to go back to the days where having a Mewtwo in your team was the decisive factor in a battle.

sarcasmception
---
Warning! this post may cause severe laughter. viewer discretion is advised...... read it, it's funny!
#79Genericgamer667Posted 1/31/2013 12:30:09 AM
also

dual-types

lol
---
#80swinishmetroidPosted 1/31/2013 12:34:35 AM(edited)
Wow of all the stupid s**t I've read on Kotaku (which is admittedly not much as I rarely visit that cesspool of s**t) this takes the cake. Honestly this guy would kill the series if he was in charge of it. It would revert back to the RBY days.
---
<('-'<) ^( '-' )^ (>'-')> ^( '-' )^ <( '-' )> Do the Kirby.