This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kotaku article ranking about best and worst Pokemon games

#81squdgyPosted 1/30/2013 11:52:24 PM
Oh my God, what a mongoloid.

Although I shouldn't expect lees from Kotaku, the most idiotic, vapid, talentless black hole in all of gaming journalism.
---
http://i.imgur.com/5FB9XOJ.gif
#82Brandon00151Posted 1/31/2013 12:05:47 AM
The Nostalgia Glasses are strong with this one
#83Dark_Link92Posted 1/31/2013 12:47:53 AM
I don't think I could possibly agree any less with his gen 3 arguments. Its almost like everything he said was deliberately wrong.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#84DojoOfDirtPosted 1/31/2013 12:51:11 AM
I knew Kotaku was a joke, but this is seriously beyond stupid.
---
I'm hungry.
#85zerokidPosted 1/31/2013 5:37:38 AM
Of the 'Top ten ways to improve Pokemon' article:

1. Customisable trainers. Yeah. This should happen. +1 point.

2. Remove IVs/EVs. It's not going to happen. Sorry. Nobody's forcing you to play competitively.

3. No more new Pokemon. As long as they don't get rid of the old favourites, nobody cares.

4. Remove breeding. Starting to think the author is trolling.

5. Become a gym leader after defeating Elite Four. Be able to customise your Gym. Would be nice. Or become the Champion, and you have to defend your title every so often. +1 point.

6. Minimal story. To an extent. Having said that, Gen V's story was pretty cool. The stories are light anyway, never taking themselves too seriously.

7. Custom designed Pokeballs. In a list which asks for the games to remove fundamental mechanics like IVs and EVs, this seems petty. Nobody cares what the Poke Ball looks like.

8. Co-Op Mode. Yes. But the writer asks for co-op only dungeons. I think the game should be single player, but you can get other people to join your world and battle NPC trainers in double battles. + half a point.

9. Get the rare legendary for each Generation by filling out that Generation's dex. Yeah. It would be nice not to have to go to events or hack. Would have to be implemented well though. +1 point.

10. No version exclusives, have exclusive wild Pokemon based on what starter you pick. Have no back-story for the character. Er... Sorry, Nintendo will always do version exclusives for the money. Not gonna happen. Characters' backstory is fairly sparse anyway, so unless you want a complete blank slate, there's no point changing this.

Score: 3.5 / 10

Rating: See me after class.
---
Official [nobody cares] of the [your favourite game here] board.
#86PBustedPosted 1/31/2013 5:56:40 AM
LightningAce11 posted...
Lexifox posted...
Gen 5 > 4 > 3 > 2 > 1.

What lexi says.

This.

1 and 2 are horrendous to play for anyone who started after that and aren't blinded by nostalgia. And no, they don't have to be children, some people started Pokemon later.
#87kingjam1Posted 1/31/2013 6:06:43 AM
willingmess posted...
2 > 5 > 3 = 1 = 4

there

Lol no
5>4>2>1>3
---
Can't think of anything
#88Legendary_MusasPosted 1/31/2013 6:12:25 AM
Gen IV > Gen III > Gen V > Gen II > Gen I

Gen 1 and 2 are obsolete, both got remakes.

Gen IV has my favourite Pokemon game (HeartGold), introduced Special/Physical and a lot of my favourite Pokemon.
---
A__A
(o'_.'o)
#89pafbonkPosted 1/31/2013 6:25:45 AM
Shadow_StarWolf posted...
Won't link because giving them hits is bad.

He essentially ranked them as such: Gen II > I > III > IV > V

What a reality.

That's a s****y order.

It's like "I swear I'm no genwunner YOU SEE YOU SEE GEN 2 is first lololol"
---
Official Pikachu of the Pokemon X board.
"1+1=2" -NickLOLZ
#90Shadow_StarWolf(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 6:27:01 AM
It's like "I swear I'm no genwunner YOU SEE YOU SEE GEN 2 is first lololol"

Yeah lol
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!