I don't think I could possibly agree any less with his gen 3 arguments. Its almost like everything he said was deliberately wrong. --- Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262 Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
1. Customisable trainers. Yeah. This should happen. +1 point.
2. Remove IVs/EVs. It's not going to happen. Sorry. Nobody's forcing you to play competitively.
3. No more new Pokemon. As long as they don't get rid of the old favourites, nobody cares.
4. Remove breeding. Starting to think the author is trolling.
5. Become a gym leader after defeating Elite Four. Be able to customise your Gym. Would be nice. Or become the Champion, and you have to defend your title every so often. +1 point.
6. Minimal story. To an extent. Having said that, Gen V's story was pretty cool. The stories are light anyway, never taking themselves too seriously.
7. Custom designed Pokeballs. In a list which asks for the games to remove fundamental mechanics like IVs and EVs, this seems petty. Nobody cares what the Poke Ball looks like.
8. Co-Op Mode. Yes. But the writer asks for co-op only dungeons. I think the game should be single player, but you can get other people to join your world and battle NPC trainers in double battles. + half a point.
9. Get the rare legendary for each Generation by filling out that Generation's dex. Yeah. It would be nice not to have to go to events or hack. Would have to be implemented well though. +1 point.
10. No version exclusives, have exclusive wild Pokemon based on what starter you pick. Have no back-story for the character. Er... Sorry, Nintendo will always do version exclusives for the money. Not gonna happen. Characters' backstory is fairly sparse anyway, so unless you want a complete blank slate, there's no point changing this.
Score: 3.5 / 10
Rating: See me after class. --- Official [nobody cares] of the [your favourite game here] board.