This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

genwunners always cite the Pokemon for the quality decline. lets talk gameplay

#1MindManipulatorPosted 1/30/2013 9:18:36 PM
what game/gen did you like gameplay wise, controls, interface, stuff like that. which did it best or worst.

also I would love to see if someone would actually agrue that the touch screen made the gameplay worse. I think it was one of the main reasons why I got into Pokemon again at gen 4.
---
Ah man, read that as MathMurderer- PepTheGreat
#2reaverzPosted 1/30/2013 9:22:48 PM
HeartGold/SoulSilver definitely had the best use of the touch screen with that menu interface. It's the only DS Pokemon game that can be played with your left hand on the control pad and your right hand exclusively using the stylus. I thought that was really neat.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#3HemerukioPosted 1/30/2013 9:25:18 PM(edited)
Gen 5, especially B/W 2. Fast, smooth, and very fluid sprites and graphics for a DS game.
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/2vxnibk.png
Gen 5 FemAce is mai waifu.
#4MindManipulator(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 9:26:10 PM
reaverz posted...
HeartGold/SoulSilver definitely had the best use of the touch screen with that menu interface. It's the only DS Pokemon game that can be played with your left hand on the control pad and your right hand exclusively using the stylus. I thought that was really neat.

as a left handed person, I must mention that the dousing machine was really annoying for me to use that gen. but I understand that would be nice, if only more games used the Dpad to button switch, oh well left handed people problems.
---
Ah man, read that as MathMurderer- PepTheGreat
#5wind64aPosted 1/30/2013 9:26:41 PM
I actually don't like touch screen interfaces in general. It's why I don't have a smartphone. That said, it's not that big of a deal, when most menus don't really require the use of the touch pad itself and the buttons are really big.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#6CharizardFirePosted 1/30/2013 9:28:14 PM
also I would love to see if someone would actually argue that the touch screen made the gameplay worse. I think it was one of the main reasons why I got into Pokemon again at gen 4.

Usage of the touch screen didn't make things worse; it was removing button functionality at the same time that messed things up (you can't move multiple Pokémon at the same time in the PC in HG/SS).
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#7PikachuanPosted 1/30/2013 9:30:27 PM
Yeah, I agree, the touch screen interface in HG/SS was really useful. I wish they had brought it back in Black... >.>

And yes, Black was a very fluid game, wasn't it? Everything was so pretty to look at :3
---
What in the WORLD happened to Nu Metal?
#8electric_emuPosted 1/30/2013 9:43:05 PM
Easily B2/W2. "Use another repel?" Why yes, I will. The way you can register more than two bag items. Oh, and the battles. Lightning fast and the best to look at thus far.
#9TenzhiPosted 1/30/2013 9:46:39 PM
The mechanics of gameplay have been pretty static, I'd say.
---
Often, when you try too hard to act superior, the opposite occurs.
#10PolimarioPosted 1/30/2013 9:48:22 PM
B/W2.

Renewable Repels, multiple key items, even a space for placing those important items like Power Items, Shards for Tutors, etc...

Much faster than past generations, 'living' sprites, all fluid in animation, and a better EXP system.
---
http://i.imgur.com/VXDSChH.png
Obey the Queen