This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I wonder which if these 3DS features...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I wonder which if these 3DS features...
3 years ago#1
Will be used in these games and how:

Augmented Reality (RA)

Pedometer, Present in Pokewalker in HG/SS

Infrared Port, Present in G/S/C HG/SS BW B2W2

Play Coins

Streetpass, Roughly present in BW and B2W2 in the form of C-Gear

Spotpass, I drool to the Idea of daily Pokemon distributions like Kid Icarus Uprising does with weapons, also notifications or automatic downloads of special Pokemon like Keldeo, Deoxys, Mew and the like.

What do you think guys?
---
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black 2 FC Enyalio 0562 4621 2772
DW Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk
3 years ago#2
Spotpass should be used for Items. such as berries, stones and stat boosters.

Getting legendarys with SpotPass is to over Powered.
---
Like My Father said: If you want to hide something, put it out in the open. ~Venture Brothers
3 years ago#3
OshawottGuy4 posted...
Spotpass should be used for Items. such as berries, stones and stat boosters.

Getting legendarys with SpotPass is to over Powered.

The items idea is great, about the legendary Pokemon, what I meant is that we receive them at special dates, like the Keldeo WiFi event right now, it will end on February 12th.
---
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black 2 FC Enyalio 0562 4621 2772
DW Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk
3 years ago#4
well, they said (i don't know if GF or Nintendo) that they are trying that these games make use of all features of 3DS or, at least, most of them, so yeah, we could probably see AR like in Pokedex 3D, but with battles

and of course there will be spotpass and streetpass, but i think the spotpass would be less like Kid Icarus' daily weapon and more focused on event Pokemon. maybe with that, in the West (Europe and America) we will have all the same events as in Japan (recognize it, Nintendo, you don't give us a lot of event pokemon)

you also said pedometer... well, it could be useful too, maybe it could be focused on "the more you battle, your bonds will be stronger" topic, so if you select a pokemon, you would walk with it in sleep mode and then, it would be stronger, not by level, but related with relationships between trainer and pokemon

infrared port... even i don't understand yet why they included it in BW/B2W2 (i can see it in HGSS because of the pokewalker), i think those things available through infrared could be done wirelessly (not WIFI)... but if they think in something special that justifies putting a 3DS in front of another one, it would be ok

of course, streetpass, i forgot it... well, they could do like in Mario Kart 7, in this case, you could send a 3 pokemon team to other people to battle it as a special way to get more experience, register new pokemon or learn more strategies

and finally, play coins... the same as infrared, i can't think in something where we could use this, but if they come up with something interesting, it will be ok
3 years ago#5
Maybe coins could be spent in a special shop to get certain TMs and held Items.

Secret bases for street pass or GTFO! Maybe random trades with people passing by.

Maybe the pedometer could charge up a special in game device that can activate trade evolutions without trading.

Spot Pass could give you keys like in BW2 that let you access special areas that give you rare Pokemon to catch, like older starters, legendaries, guaranteed shinies, etc.

AR could let you scan QR codes to add Pokemon to your seen dex. And maybe a pokedex 3D esque photo mode.
---
Maybe I'll use you, to blow a midget's head off, or maybe I won't. - zer0
3 years ago#6
3D?
---
Now Leave!
3 years ago#7
Metalgenesis posted...
Maybe the pedometer could charge up a special in game device that can activate trade evolutions without trading.

this is by far my favorite idea. What if walking charges a special meter that lets you evolve Pokemon early, and possibly bypass other requirements?
---
cant decide which movie is the worst movie; dragon ball z evolution, m.nights last air bender, or twilight????? hmmm
3 years ago#8
Pedometer. Its how we hatch eggs from now on. lolz if thats true.
---
Try out my free Android RPG Strategy game App:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.rsakuma.maouwars
3 years ago#9
Oh please I want EVERYTHING!
---
Nintendo 3DS: 0473-8573-6109
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I wonder which if these 3DS features...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived