This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People need to understand that there is more to a Gen of pokemon than just.

#1360pagesPosted 1/31/2013 11:15:41 AM
The main titles, you have spin offs, 3D games and a lot of other stuff to factor in when people pick their favorite gen

Like the R/B had pokemon Snap, stadium and puzzle league, they had. Stadium complement the games well, allowing you to play in a somewhat competitive area against the computer with plenty of matches.

Gen 1 also had the most diverse amount of spinoffs, even if most of them were one offs.

Gen 2 had less spin off, but gave us the amazing stadium 2, which helped with a lot of the short comings of battles in that gen and complemented the game really well. And they gave us a sequel to puzzle league. Even if it was only for the GB.

Gen 3 gave us the ranger and MD games. But while Colosseum and XD were good games in their own right, they didn't really complement the handheld games other than completing your Pokedex.

Gen 4 had battle revolution...that game was awful so I won't talk about it. But it also gave us the second MD game which is considered by many the best spin off game that cannot be connected to the main game. They also gave us two ranger games, so that was nice.

Gen 5 had spin offs as well, but I'm actually pressed for time.

There are plenty I missed, but maybe when people say Gen 1 or 2 or even 3 were the best, maybe they are accounting for the spin offs and extra stuff with said generation.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#2AurawhispererPosted 1/31/2013 11:20:07 AM
I have a big rod
---
Official Troll joker and Serious Chatter box.
Black 2: Zack: 4170 3222 6265
#3GTRagnarokPosted 1/31/2013 11:20:56 AM
People always mean the Pokemon when they talk about generations.
---
Alienware M17x R4 | i7-3720QM | 2GB 7970M | 16GB DDR3-1600 | 128GB Samsung PM830 mSATA SSD
#4MellowLyricistPosted 1/31/2013 11:32:16 AM
Is there even a point to Stadium/Colosseum type games anymore? The battles are already in full 3D. Find an actual good use for your Wii U.
---
Children, send me back home
For this is the reason you were born
#5360pages(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 11:46:37 AM
MellowLyricist posted...
Is there even a point to Stadium/Colosseum type games anymore? The battles are already in full 3D. Find an actual good use for your Wii U.

But...I don't own a Wii U.
---
#6lazycomplifePosted 1/31/2013 11:59:57 AM
Gen 5 has conquest, which is definitely up there as far as spinoffs go.
---
Wow really
Official Swinub of Pokemon X and Y boards
#7360pages(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:07:11 PM
And adding to the 3D games being useless from here on out, I don't think that's true at all. They usually always offer a different challenge of some sort and they'll probably use more realistic models for the pokemon if they made a wii U game. Plus the Wii U would actually be able to play the games since it does have two screens. Something the wii couldn't do because of the ds.
---
#8Jrx1Posted 1/31/2013 12:18:38 PM(edited)
lazycomplife posted...
Gen 5 has conquest, which is definitely up there as far as spinoffs go.

Great game, but not PMD2 tier.

Gen 5 also ruined Mystery Dungeon a bit. >_> First MD where you can barely recruit something.

Gen IV also gave us the first PokePark Wii game which was way more entertaining than the second one.
---
Official Cyrus of Pokemon Black Version 2 GameFAQs Boards
Claimed Palkia on the Pokemon Black Version 2 GameFAQs Boards
#9MellowLyricistPosted 1/31/2013 4:31:17 PM(edited)
360pages posted...
MellowLyricist posted...

But...I don't own a Wii U.

Oops, I didn't mean you, specifically.

360pages posted...
And adding to the 3D games being useless from here on out, I don't think that's true at all. They usually always offer a different challenge of some sort and they'll probably use more realistic models for the pokemon if they made a wii U game. Plus the Wii U would actually be able to play the games since it does have two screens. Something the wii couldn't do because of the ds.

I forget, did the last game finally at least have the Pokémon actually make contact when fighting?

As for playing the games on Wii U, do you mean kind of how Stadium let you play the Game Boy games on your TV? Wouldn't that require some kind of add-on, though? I don't think the Wii U Gamepad has an expansion port.
---
Children, send me back home
For this is the reason you were born