This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was your first shiny experience!?

#21Alakazam_fanPosted 1/31/2013 11:51:21 PM
Bibarel in Platinum <_<

But then I found a Farfetch'd so it was k
---
Don't stop, never give up, hold your head high and reach the top. Let the world see what you have got. Bring it all back to you.
~Elise is mai waifu~
#22SPDShadowRangerPosted 2/1/2013 12:07:01 AM
Red Gyarados

Didn't see my first non-event shiny until last summer.
#23CrusnikCainPosted 2/1/2013 12:15:39 AM
Female Magmar in the grass in front of the Iron Works
---
Gamer Tag : CrusnikCain
#24EchidneysPosted 2/1/2013 12:16:50 AM
When I spent about a week straight on Soulsilver, hatching almost 500 eggs, to get a shiny Ralts--and even then, not being sure if it would be female, because a male Gardevoir would have been weird (I didn't know about Gallade yet.)
I was doing the typical routine: ride my bike until either an egg hatched or got a call about a new egg, while watching TV. Then one day, while watching 3rd Rock from the Sun, I just happened to look down during the standard egg hatch sequence and noticed "Oh my god, this Ralts is blue, and not green."

Seriously, for a second, I thought my perception of color had gone wrong from seeing so many Raltses, but it had a red star and was female, so I affectionately named her Rinoa, and along with my Typhlosion, she was my main partner for the entire remainder of my adventure in Johto.
---
PSN: Echidneys | 3DS: 4468 1242 8413
"It sucks, and you're all stupid for liking it."
#25RedShadowwwPosted 2/1/2013 12:22:41 AM
Excluding the ones practically handed to you...none ;(
#26Mewtwo_soulPosted 2/1/2013 12:32:11 AM
Charmander from RBY.

I traded it over to my Silver early, and all of a sudden it wasn't the correct color. I thought my game may have been glitched or screwed up and almost restarted, had it not been for a friend who said I should keep it just in case.

Then I saw Red Gyarados and was like... Well they could have gotten to this way sooner.
---
Ignoring sheep. Best solution on CoD boards.
#27TkmajingPosted 2/1/2013 12:32:31 AM
Mine was Skarmory on Pokemon Silver. I was so confused and accidently killed it. Its the only Shiny Pokemon i have ever seen! :(
---
What in the name of?
#28shadow_sakePosted 2/1/2013 1:08:07 AM
Emerald: Zubat, Loudred
Fire Red: Gastly
Diamond: Clamperl
White 2: Darumaka
---
PSN: Shadow_Sake
c:x:x:x:x{{:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
#29DarthBadgerPosted 2/1/2013 1:21:49 AM
At least some of you get to see shiny pokemon. I'd rather encounter one and not capture it than never see one through hundreds of hours of gameplay.

I swear, I'm actually starting to believe "shiny pokemon" is the most elaborate joint trolling effort ever devised by Nintendo, red gyarados, and millions of players all just for me to look like a fool for the past 12 years.
---
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble
Should have. Should *******have.
#30KlockdownPosted 2/1/2013 1:22:24 AM
I encountered a shiny, female sandshrew in HGSS. I lost the game unfortunately, now I really want it back..
---
"Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent."
Pokemon White 2 fc: 1722-1489-1036, Klock