This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was your first shiny experience!?

#41Kevinroth666Posted 2/1/2013 4:15:58 AM
It hasn't happened yet.
#42MidniteZoruaPosted 2/1/2013 4:21:51 AM
When I was a child, the Root Fossil I got in Sapphire was resurrected as a shiny Lileep. When I checked its summary, I was like, "Why is its Pokedex number golden?" I was also curious why it sparkled in battle, and not seeing a Lileep before, I thought green was its normal color. Years later, I learned about shiny Pokemon, and found out that my Lileep was one.
I'm glad that my first shiny was a Pokemon just given to me; if it was a wild one, I probably would've fainted it. Years later, it's now a pink Cradily residing in my HeartGold.
---
Member of Kid Icarus: Uprising clan Angel Strikers.
Official Zorua of the Pokemon X / Y boards.
#43MrChompletPosted 2/1/2013 4:24:36 AM
shiny taillow in ruby was my first, not counting red gyarados of course :P
---
White friend code: 3096-1227-8680
Black friend code: 4041-2884-1602
#44RJLuigiPosted 2/1/2013 5:06:14 AM
My first shiny was on Sapphire version. Found a golden Vulpix on MT. Pyre and immediately fell in love with it. I caught it and still have it to this day.
#45SpikeTbearPosted 2/1/2013 5:35:56 AM(edited)
I had the misfortune of seeing a shiny Chansey in Fire Red's battle tower, and a shiny Exeggcute in the Safari Zone that ran away. Finally, I got to catch a blue Psyduck on one of the Sevii Islands. I was playing in class and everyone gathered around since they had never seen a shiny. Pretty exciting.

FireRed- Psyduck

Emerald-None!!

Diamond- Budew, Fearow

Platinum- Staraptor

SoulSilver- Tentacruel

Black 2- Tynamow

I've also gotten 3 random shinies off of the GTS.
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus
#46TowerBooks3192Posted 2/1/2013 5:40:09 AM
Caterpie! It turned into a red butterfree and my friends die with envy
---
"Once you go Marcus Munitions, you never go back us munitions"
#47NejiHyuga900Posted 2/1/2013 6:06:49 AM
Other than the shiny red Gyarados in Pokémon Gold and Crystal Versions, there may be one other shiny Pokémon that I found (I don't know if I caught it) but I don't remember what it was and what game I was playing (probably Ruby or Diamond).
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
#48RomeoMinolaPosted 2/1/2013 6:14:08 AM
Mine was, almost unbelievably; a Shiny Dratini in Gold. It was the very first Dratini I encountered.

I actually didn't know she was Shiny because I figured the little sparkle was just Gamefreak acknowledging that Dratini was special (I accidentally killed the Red Gyarados which I had forgotten about).

I didn't realize something was up until I had a Green Dragonite.
#49CakeOfLiesPosted 2/1/2013 6:32:36 AM
Gyarados in the Lake of Rage...
Then a Teddiursa in Mt. Silver.
I decided it was a good idea to "weaken" it before catching it...
"Critical hit!"
Dang crits.

The other two Shinies I got were...
Another Red Gyarados (second file of SoulSilver)
A Shiny Dratini (White Treehollow)
And a Shiny Haxorus (Nature Preserve).
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/11/wXLYp87DiE2C6xnGXLS7BA2.jpg
#50RatedRKO7Posted 2/1/2013 6:41:50 AM
Tentacool in Emerald when I was in the 6/7th grade. I was on my way to mt Prye for a Chimecho and I encounter it. I played Gold so i knew about the Red Gyarados but I thought that was special. My friend told me about Pokerus so i thought it had it and that is how pokemon with pokerus look. So I caught it and now I know it is a shiny.
---
Got it memorized?- Axel
Pokemon X & Y takes place in France started 1/8/13 Official Infernape of The Pokemon X Board and Kyogre of Pokemon Y