This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was your first shiny experience!?

#51zerokidPosted 2/1/2013 6:57:37 AM
A purple Drowzee in Gold. I was training a Flaaffy there, and its Headbutt would always bring the Pokemon into capture range. Of course, I got a critical hit. Despite clocking up I would say easily 1000 hours into subsequent games, the only shiny I've ever had besides the Red Gyarados was a friggin' Hoothoot in HGSS. Sucks.
---
Official [nobody cares] of the [your favourite game here] board.
#52ChangliniPosted 2/1/2013 7:00:26 AM
Poke'mon Tower Defense.
Nidoran or its evolution.
Couldn't save that game too.

Excluding trades, it's still zip for the main games
---
The refurbish NER, oh how you've redeemed me.
Walker, you're here because you wanted to be something you're not, a hero ~Konrad
#53PolimarioPosted 2/1/2013 7:04:50 AM
Aside from the Red Gyarados in GSC, 1st Shiny was a Taillow in Emerald. I didn't know Shinies kept their Shinyness when evolving at the time, so I never trained it, just boxed it up as a trophy.
---
http://i.imgur.com/VXDSChH.png
Obey the Queen
#54zeldagamer2123Posted 2/1/2013 7:06:01 AM
My first shiny was a Kakuna in Gold, years later I found a Dugtrio in Platinum.
---
Nah, Luigi's just a pimp. He's got Rosalina, too. - phantom0x
Well it doesn't matter because Mario is so awesome he doesn't need a cool final smash. -Sbladel
#55CamperFTWPosted 2/1/2013 7:07:49 AM
@BluntGrunt Oddish
---
"Kaiouken x100 + Bankai Moe Moe Kyun Just As Planned No Jutsu!"... I won again.
~The Official Shiny Glaceon In The Pokemon BW2 Board~
#56PChaosWMPosted 2/1/2013 7:16:46 AM
The Red Gyarados aside, I have encountered 2 shiny Pokemon. The first one was a shiny Fearow I encountered in Platinum while I was EV training one of my Pokemon for speed and I was able to capture it. The other was a Deerling in Black which I found pretty early on in the game and was able to capture.
---
||===============|| PerfectChaosWM ||===============||
||=|| Growing old is mandatory. ||=|| Growing up is optional. ||=||
#57amtirPosted 2/1/2013 7:38:12 AM
none... so sad....................................
---
say aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
#58robster_2005Posted 2/1/2013 7:45:43 AM
A Pikachu in Gold on the GBC.........I was too young to know what the stars meant and never caught it stupidly >.<
---
"That would explain how she died. It wasn't old age; she just roundhouse-kicked herself in the back of the head" - ShadowWraith666
#59DarkemastePosted 2/1/2013 8:14:53 AM
My first wild shiny was also a Zubat in Gold.
---
Common sense seems to be more uncommon.
#60Axels_BladePosted 2/1/2013 8:23:33 AM
I have played two games from each generation, excluding the first generation, and I have never seen a shiny. I do have red Gyarados of course, but that doesn't really count.
---
Everything and nothing, heart and mind, fantasy and reality. These thing fly through my mind, driving me towards madness.