This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon needs more roleplaying. (Lots of ideas, and then some!)

#1gladwyn101Posted 1/31/2013 9:34:15 PM
I wish we didn't play the silent protagonist who only says YES or NO.

I want the ability to have the protagonist deliver bad news and witty one-liners.

I want the ability to PO my rival with snappy remarks after I kick his sorry A.

I want the ability to give more elaborate responses other than YES or NO to a serious moral question.

I want the ability to play with my Pokemon in-game (maybe a sort of Wii Sports Resort style game of frisbee with my Umbreon or sparring with my Lucario).

I want the ability to talk with my Pokemon that are capable of telepathy.

I want Pokemon to show more emotion which the Trainer can respond to.

I want the ability to ask my own questions, like asking for directions, asking to trade with NPCs (no more fixed trades in other words), asking for a battle from someone not looking for one.

I also wouldn't mind being able to choose what kind of Trainer you become (League Champion, Top Coordinator, Breeder, etc), which would change the end game goals depending on your chosen path.

We also need in-game quests, which give us rewards instead of simply having random NPCs give out free handouts.

We need the ability to tutor our own Pokemon in the use of moves (besides the use of TMs and HMs). If NPCs can do it, why can't we?

*Sigh* Someday...
---
Bazinga! *dives into ballpit*
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Shiny Umbreon
#2gladwyn101(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 10:49:47 AM
bump. Anyone?
---
Bazinga! *dives into ballpit*
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Shiny Umbreon
#3Hydra_Gundam_Posted 2/1/2013 10:56:15 AM
First couple ones remind of the Persona series.

And that stuff might sound nice, but it could complicate the progression. To the younger players anyways. I know alot of lazy gamers that dont even watch cutscenes.
---
This spiritual decline.