This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what is a Pokemon Master?

#1TinyTankXPosted 1/31/2013 9:50:33 PM
I noticed the games mention nothing of this in later generations. Is it because Master has been replaced with Champion?
---
Ape Escape is notable as the first video game to require the use of the Dual Analog Controller for gameplay.
#2duranmanXPosted 1/31/2013 9:59:44 PM
Pokemon are usually used like slaves or gladiators to their owners, so if they're the slave that naturally makes you the master
---
The Official Melchizedek of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#3wind64aPosted 1/31/2013 10:09:34 PM
A Pokemon Master is someone who's extremely skilled in at least one area of caring for Pokemon. Two routes in the Anime for this are Coordinator and Trainer. A trainer seeks to become a stronger battler, and eventually defeat the Champion of the closest Pokemon League. A Coordinator seeks to maximize the appeal of his or her Pokemon and win at the Grand Festival. The third route is to complete the encyclopedia of Pokemon known as the Pokedex, as a demonstration of knowledge. The term "Master" hasn't been used much, since it is fairly general, while Champion is more specific. Another theme is that trainers and Pokemon work together to gain strength, it's meant to be a partnership.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#4NaughtyGhostPosted 1/31/2013 10:14:45 PM
A real master hasn't just captured nearly every Pokemon, but has worked with them and fought against them, to learn their strengths and weaknesses. The Pokemon Master knows the best strategies, but can also change it up on the fly to take advantage of any situation. A master can adapt to anything, and overcome anything.

The concept of a Pokemon Master became more and more unreasonable as the generations went on the and the number of Pokemon skyrocketed... but the reality is, we are the trainers who learn the new Pokemon, while retaining familiarity with the old. We are the ones that set out to catch 'em all. We battle, and learn, and grow stronger. Pokemon can evolve, but we are always evolving.

There are no Pokemon Masters in the game world. WE are the Pokemon Masters. Fact.
---
Do not censor my voice, or soften my unit.
They must remain loud and rigid, respectively.
#5Firemaster5Posted 1/31/2013 10:33:39 PM(edited)
I've got joke answers an legitimate answers:

Pokémon that master movesets and EVs

Pokémon trainers that have enslaved all kinds of Pokémon.

Pokémon trainers that are only recognized by other Pokémon Master (usually residing within the Pokémon League) as Champion wielders of the Pokéball being granted special knowledge. Only a Pokémon Master (capitol M) can recognize and pass on the Pokéball wielding ability on to trainers and only trainers whose hearts are recognized by Pokémon can become wielders of the Pokéball traveling to many town and ocassionally unlocking some passages to protect the Towns and Cities from being overrun by darkness.

Pokémon trainers recognized by all kinds of Pokémon as fit to be a trainer worthy of obedience regardless of level. That would ensue collecting all the Gym Badges of the region. They also happen to travel around all the mainstream parts of the region using HMs here an there, catching many Pokémon (evolving others) along the way not focusing on specific types having a balance, beating some baddies (a group or organization going by Team + some theme), going on the challenge the Pokémon League, being recognized by legendary Pokémon as having a great heart, and persevering even when it may seem to be an end of a journey b/c there is more to do, more Pokémon to catch, more places to go, and the end of one journey can be the beginning of another.

I hope you like the reference in the third answer. Cookie for reference
---
Organization name: Werxand | firemasterlucky5.deviantart.com
"Slmming. When trolling just won't do"~shiro_amayagi
#6KefkaesqueXIIIPosted 1/31/2013 10:35:54 PM(edited)
Firemaster5 posted...

Kingdom Hearts?

Edit: Okay, now it's definitely Kingdom Hearts.
---
"My faith protects me. My Kevlar helps." Michael Carpenter - Death Masks
Official Norn of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#7GTRagnarokPosted 1/31/2013 10:32:49 PM
A miserable little pile of secrets.
---
Alienware M17x R4 | i7-3720QM | 2GB 7970M | 16GB DDR3-1600 | 128GB Samsung PM830 mSATA SSD
#8SooChillinPosted 1/31/2013 10:33:57 PM
A kid with a red hat in total solitude on the top of a mountain...
#9Firemaster5Posted 1/31/2013 10:34:17 PM
Firemaster5 posted...

Kingdom Hearts?

Yes
Good job for guessing before my edit also.
---
Yeah get used to it. If you've got a problem with Mickey Mouse you're in the wrong series.-Drizzy_Drizake
#10CaomiausPosted 1/31/2013 11:36:36 PM
A Pokemon Master is Ash.
*puts flame shield up*
---
Your screams are like music to my audio receptors!