This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For once, can the starter distribution be something other than 7-1 male-female?

#1EnferolunosPosted 2/1/2013 9:38:29 AM
It doesn't really make any sense.
Especially considering how feminine Fennekin looks.
Maybe for once have distinct male and female appearances for the starters (Not species).
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#2MoskidoPosted 2/1/2013 9:49:35 AM(edited)
From a breeder's perspective, Its highly annoying. Oh. And that physical difference thing might actually be a good idea.
---
FC Black 2: 2752 8681 7430
"Lebron James finally got a ring. Anything can happen now, I guess." - Myself.
#3FoxFluffPosted 2/1/2013 9:45:38 AM
Physical difference would be cool, but I actually prefer the female being more difficult to get as it makes the starters just slightly more "valuable."

Not that pokemon trading has particularly high value outside of IVs and egg moves, of course, but on things like the GTS using the starters as a trade commodity gets you pretty far.
---
boop
#4Enferolunos(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 9:47:26 AM
FoxFluff posted...
Physical difference would be cool, but I actually prefer the female being more difficult to get as it makes the starters just slightly more "valuable."

Not that pokemon trading has particularly high value outside of IVs and egg moves, of course, but on things like the GTS using the starters as a trade commodity gets you pretty far.

But you can just reset until you get a female, or you can just use ditto to breed. It really isn't adding anything
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#5Brandon042487Posted 2/1/2013 9:59:48 AM
My Snivy is female

Come to think.of it most times I've chosen the grass starter they have always been female.
---
B**** don't make me HM01 you!
ALL HAIL THE GLORIOUS HYPNOTOAD!
#6tsunamisurfer08Posted 2/1/2013 10:00:53 AM
Brandon042487 posted...
My Snivy is female

Come to think.of it most times I've chosen the grass starter they have always been female.

That usually happens to me with the fire starters.
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.
#7ClassyOldHatPosted 2/1/2013 10:09:41 AM(edited)
Enferolunos posted...
FoxFluff posted...

But you can just reset until you get a female, or you can just use ditto to breed. It really isn't adding anything

Yeah, even since Gen 2, Breeding has made the concept of "value from rarity" a joke.
#8pokemon2pokerPosted 2/1/2013 10:40:38 AM
FoxFluff posted...

Hate to break it to you, but your pokemon have no real value. Lol.
---
My opinion is that most opinions are wrong
#9SooChillinPosted 2/1/2013 10:44:17 AM
It's fine as is.
#10Hydra_Gundam_Posted 2/1/2013 10:47:25 AM
My Pokemon MUST be males.

(Excluding legendaries)
---
Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space