This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, how do we determine to which generation does a preevolution belong to?

#1Jrx1Posted 2/1/2013 1:32:41 PM
For example, we have Snorlax and Munchlax.

Snorlax is a Gen I Pokemon. But how can Snorlax exist without a Munchlax? It's not like it can de-evolve onto it.

Indeed, the Pokemon has been created during Gen IV, but does it truly belong to it's region?

Shouldn't it actually be reverse, that Munchlax comes before Snorlax in the Pokedex now?
---
Official Cyrus of Pokemon Black Version 2 GameFAQs Boards
Claimed Palkia on the Pokemon Black Version 2 GameFAQs Boards
#2CarbideTitanPosted 2/1/2013 2:53:30 PM
Jrx1 posted...
For example, we have Snorlax and Munchlax.

Snorlax is a Gen I Pokemon. But how can Snorlax exist without a Munchlax? It's not like it can de-evolve onto it.

Indeed, the Pokemon has been created during Gen IV, but does it truly belong to it's region?

Shouldn't it actually be reverse, that Munchlax comes before Snorlax in the Pokedex now?

When Professional Hunter, Van Pelt, first journeyed to the world we know he first began his long safari in Kanto.

http://godammit.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/van-pelt.jpg

He systematically killed and cataloged each species with details including weight, height, and a basic description of the Pokemon and it's habits. He moved on region by region on his hunt for utter dominance over the Pokemon species.

So, in conclusion, we have Van Pelt to thank for the current list of pokemon as that is the order in which he killed, gutted, and stuffed his trophies.
---
Can I offer you a drink? How about this expensive prostitute?
#3-Zeke-Posted 2/1/2013 2:54:59 PM
CarbideTitan posted...
So, in conclusion, we have Van Pelt to thank for the current list of pokemon as that is the order in which he killed, gutted, and stuffed his trophies.

Either that or the professors f***** it up
---
"Your opinion is different from mine, so you are obviously a troll"
3DS code: 1118-1052-2607 (PM me if you add me)
#4Phantom_NookPosted 2/1/2013 3:03:50 PM(edited)
Snorlax isn't native to Kanto. The two Snorlax's in R/B/Y came from the mountains (Sinnoh) for whatever reason. Munchlax and Snorlax are native to Sinnoh.

You could probably figure out something similar for other Pokemon that got an evo or pre-evo in later generations.
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#5Oak_TeaPosted 2/1/2013 3:19:47 PM
It's hard to explain where Jynx (Seafoam Islands in JPN Blue), Magmar (Cinnabar Mansion in Blue) and Electabuzz (Power Plant in Red) came from though.
---
Now playing: FFX-2, Pokemon Emerald (Nuzlocke)
#6CharizardFirePosted 2/1/2013 5:32:59 PM
Snorlax isn't native to Kanto. The two Snorlax's in R/B/Y came from the mountains (Sinnoh) for whatever reason. Munchlax and Snorlax are native to Sinnoh.

You could probably figure out something similar for other Pokemon that got an evo or pre-evo in later generations.

Kanto and Sinnoh aren't on the same landmass. Therefore, those two Snorlax couldn't have come from the Sinnoh region.

Besides, there are numerous mountains in the Kanto region.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif