This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't understand why Charizard is Fire/Flying.

#1Cpt_CalamityPosted 2/1/2013 1:28:11 PM
His family line is based off of amphibious creatures. His typing really should be changed to Water/Ground.
---
"I'm Batman" ~ Batman
#2xtdg134Posted 2/1/2013 1:30:01 PM
Because of the -mander part of Charmander? I doubt a Pokemon who will die if the flame on it's tail goes out is very amphibious.
#3iKhanicPosted 2/1/2013 1:30:23 PM
Cpt_Calamity posted...
His family line is based off of amphibious creatures. His typing really should be changed to Water/Ground.

Very true, I never thought about it, but Salamanders are amphibians, not reptiles.

Wow the Charmander line is all over the place, it goes from an amphibian, to a reptile, to a dragon.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#4Pokabu123Posted 2/1/2013 1:31:08 PM
Reptillian, not amphibian. Also the family was made to go with the dragon from the chinese zodiac signs.

"Charizard’s design is based on a Dragon.

Cyndaquil is a “Fire Mouse Pokemon”. Rats and Mice are in the same genetic subfamily.

Torchic is a “Chick Pokemon”.

Chimchar is a “Chimp Pokemon.” Chimps and Monkeys are both simians, and Chimchar’s evolutionary line physically resembles Monkeys rather than Apes.

Tepig is a “Fire Pig Pokemon”.

Fennekin’s design is based on a Fennec fox, which is in the same genetic family as dogs."

-Didyouknowgaming
---
[Insert witty signature here]
#5Jarred623Posted 2/1/2013 1:31:16 PM
Greymon > Charizard
---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. This status is only given out by the site admin.
#6Ari917Posted 2/1/2013 1:32:05 PM
It's probably referring to the mythological salamander, which was a fire breather.
#7MugilokoPosted 2/1/2013 1:32:39 PM
ITT: srs posts
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/VcOip.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#8Swiftblade09Posted 2/1/2013 1:34:56 PM
Ari917 posted...
It's probably referring to the mythological salamander, which was a fire breather.

^This
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Raiz5MAb98Q
Official Salamence of the Pokemon X and Y boards
#9Cpt_Calamity(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 1:35:14 PM
Guys, I had a salamander once. I know what I'm talking about, sometimes he would be in the water and sometimes he would be on land. And since Charizards roots are that, I doubt he would lose the ability to live in water. How does making you able to live in less environments make any sort of evolutionary sense? Think about it.
---
"I'm Batman" ~ Batman
#10FillergamesPosted 2/1/2013 1:40:01 PM
Its so that people that complain about new Pokemon get an advantage from other fire starters.
---
Every game is good in different ways.