This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't understand why Charizard is Fire/Flying.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I don't understand why Charizard is Fire/Flying.
4 years ago#1
His family line is based off of amphibious creatures. His typing really should be changed to Water/Ground.
"I'm Batman" ~ Batman
4 years ago#2
Because of the -mander part of Charmander? I doubt a Pokemon who will die if the flame on it's tail goes out is very amphibious.
4 years ago#3
Cpt_Calamity posted...
His family line is based off of amphibious creatures. His typing really should be changed to Water/Ground.

Very true, I never thought about it, but Salamanders are amphibians, not reptiles.

Wow the Charmander line is all over the place, it goes from an amphibian, to a reptile, to a dragon.
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
4 years ago#4
Reptillian, not amphibian. Also the family was made to go with the dragon from the chinese zodiac signs.

"Charizard’s design is based on a Dragon.

Cyndaquil is a “Fire Mouse Pokemon”. Rats and Mice are in the same genetic subfamily.

Torchic is a “Chick Pokemon”.

Chimchar is a “Chimp Pokemon.” Chimps and Monkeys are both simians, and Chimchar’s evolutionary line physically resembles Monkeys rather than Apes.

Tepig is a “Fire Pig Pokemon”.

Fennekin’s design is based on a Fennec fox, which is in the same genetic family as dogs."

-Didyouknowgaming
[Insert witty signature here]
4 years ago#5
Greymon > Charizard
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. This status is only given out by the site admin.
4 years ago#6
It's probably referring to the mythological salamander, which was a fire breather.
4 years ago#7
ITT: srs posts
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/VcOip.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
4 years ago#8
Ari917 posted...
It's probably referring to the mythological salamander, which was a fire breather.

^This
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Raiz5MAb98Q
Official Salamence of the Pokemon X and Y boards
4 years ago#9
Guys, I had a salamander once. I know what I'm talking about, sometimes he would be in the water and sometimes he would be on land. And since Charizards roots are that, I doubt he would lose the ability to live in water. How does making you able to live in less environments make any sort of evolutionary sense? Think about it.
"I'm Batman" ~ Batman
4 years ago#10
Its so that people that complain about new Pokemon get an advantage from other fire starters.
Every game is good in different ways.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I don't understand why Charizard is Fire/Flying.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived