This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Charizard problem fixed: Introduce triple types!

#11CakeOfLiesPosted 2/1/2013 2:58:29 PM
KyrieIrving posted...
Make Charizard Fire/Flying/Ice.

Yes!
Then Rock would be 6x Super Effective!
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/11/wXLYp87DiE2C6xnGXLS7BA2.jpg
#12MetaFalconPunchPosted 2/1/2013 2:58:51 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
KyrieIrving posted...

Yes!

DO IT!
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead. Official Jolteon of the Pokemon X Board. Kraid: (steps on you)
#13arvilinoPosted 2/1/2013 3:00:24 PM
Fixing problems by introducing more problems?
#14reaverzPosted 2/1/2013 4:01:26 PM(edited)
Some Pokemon do seem like they would have a third type if they could. Some examples include:

Beedrill: Flying
Venomoth: Flying
Tyranitar: Ground
Lugia: Water
Ho-oh: Psychic
Dustox: Flying
Masquerain: Water
Flygon: Bug
Drapion: Bug
Volcarona: Flying

But Charizard is a starter, so it can't be part-Dragon. People always forget that detail...
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#15DoctorJimmy133Posted 2/1/2013 3:43:46 PM
reaverz posted...

Not Flying?

Oh, and Gyarados: Dragon
#16Skull_proPosted 2/1/2013 3:57:24 PM
So that he loses his weakness to fire, but gains a weakness againts both ice and dragon while still keeping his double rock weakness?

I beleive that by adding a third type,dragon, the cons outweight the pros... in other words, you just made Charizard worse.
---
Married to Clay, Driftveil city's gym leader
Official Roserade of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#17reaverzPosted 2/1/2013 4:00:17 PM
DoctorJimmy133 posted...
reaverz posted...

Not Flying?

Oh, and Gyarados: Dragon

Actually, Flygon is the only Pokemon I feel could have four types, but Levitate ability sort of handles the Flying portion. Flygon and its pre-evolutions are based on a certain insect and are part of the Bug Egg Group for breeding.

Gyarados not being a Dragon-type makes sense when you look at the tale that it and Magikarp are inspired by.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#18DoctorJimmy133Posted 2/1/2013 4:05:50 PM
reaverz posted...
Actually, Flygon is the only Pokemon I feel could have four types, but Levitate ability sort of handles the Flying portion. Flygon and its pre-evolutions are based on a certain insect and are part of the Bug Egg Group for breeding.

I gotcha. With three types, better to have Bug and Levitate than to ignore the Bug.

Gyarados not being a Dragon-type makes sense when you look at the tale that it and Magikarp are inspired by.

From Bulbapedia:

Magikarp is based on a legend about how carp that leapt over the Dragon Gate would become dragons.
#19DarkKirby2500Posted 2/1/2013 4:14:13 PM
Charizard's problem isn't its typing as much as it is Stealth Rock and not being able to do anything another Pokemon could do better because of its average but not good enough compared to very powerful OU Pokemon stats.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#20frozenphantomPosted 2/1/2013 4:29:17 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
KyrieIrving posted...

Yes!

2x2x2 = 8
---
SSBB friend code: 1633 3855 4864