This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you want the base stats and moves of Pokemon to be changed for balance?

#1DarkKirby2500Posted 2/1/2013 1:56:10 PM(edited)
Would you want the base stats and moves of Pokemon to be changed for balance? - Results (71 votes)
Yes.
73.24% (52 votes)
No.
26.76% (19 votes)
This poll is now closed.
For example, less Pokemon are able to learn Stealth Rock (transferring from previous games would delete it). (Although what really needs to happen is a Drizzle and Sandstream nerf, and Stealth Rock itself being nerfed).

(For Example) Gardevoir would have its base Speed raised to 100 (from 80).

The goal being to expand the number of Pokemon that are considered competitively viable and increase the amount of tactics that can be used.

Perhaps some Pokemon, should have their stats reduced, although that is a much touchier subject.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#2CakeOfLiesPosted 2/1/2013 1:54:04 PM
Yes, but leave the major (BST of 680+) Legendaries alone.
I would love to see Gardevoir get a little boost like that. She's in my list of favorites (not for the same reasons that some other GameFAQs users have >_>).
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/11/wXLYp87DiE2C6xnGXLS7BA2.jpg
#3DarkKirby2500(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 1:57:55 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Yes, but leave the major (BST of 680+) Legendaries alone.
I would love to see Gardevoir get a little boost like that. She's in my list of favorites (not for the same reasons that some other GameFAQs users have >_>).

I agree, Legendaries are supposed to be stronger then normal Pokemon, it's what makes them Legendaries, just make sure there are optional online rules that forbids their usage in battles.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#4The_Sol_BladerPosted 2/1/2013 2:00:20 PM
Many Gen 1 pokemon could use some new base stats
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Black FC: 4127 2517 7042
#5CarbideTitanPosted 2/1/2013 2:01:55 PM
No...

RIP Explosion
---
Can I offer you a drink? How about this expensive prostitute?
#6DarkKirby2500(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 2:14:54 PM
CarbideTitan posted...
No...

RIP Explosion

http://tinyurl.com/apn87bn
---
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#7KeeperOfShadowsPosted 2/1/2013 2:25:02 PM
Nah, leave them as they are.
---
PSN: KoS_DJ25
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#8Rogue MuttPosted 2/1/2013 2:49:01 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing some changes. It would be a lot of extra work for GameFreak though, if they wanted to rebalance everybody except for legendaries.
---
We're here! We play Pokemon! Get used to it!
#9GastroidPosted 2/1/2013 2:55:02 PM(edited)
This goes back into my 'Game Freak is afraid of retcons and it's a bad thing' argument. Would it be nice if they rebalanced Pokemon in light of the power creep from the past two generations? Yes. Will they? Probably not, no. More Pokemon will be given Quiver Dance or Shell Smash and they'll call it a day.
---
Achilles Mark X Judicoid
Shining Brilliance
#10DarkKirby2500(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 3:03:10 PM
Gastroid posted...
This goes back into my 'Game Freak is afraid of retcons and it's a bad thing' argument. Would it be nice if they rebalanced Pokemon in light of the power creep from the past two generations? Yes. Will they? Probably not, no. More Pokemon will be given Quiver Dance or Shell Smash and they'll call it a day.

I don't think it's in question that Game Freak is afraid of changing a formula that still increases in sales every release, despite its (numerous) problems.

It would be nice if they went as far as to give Quiver Dance and Shell Smash to a ton of non competitively viable Pokemon, which I already doubt.
---
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>