This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

They should make a dark version of pokemon

#71willingmessPosted 2/1/2013 9:56:26 PM
TheNargacuga posted...
Solar_Crimson posted...
Xenoblade and Bayonetta aren't really games nintendo has control of, since they really are new series to nintendo anyways. Now pokemon is produced by Gamefreak and all, but let's be honest Nintendo might as well group it with Mario, Metroid and Zelda. They pretty much have Gamefreak on lock.

Xenoblade's developer is 100% owned by Nintendo, so they do have some control over it. Pokemon's developer is actually second party that keep renewing its contract with Nintendo (it helps that Nintendo has a 33% share in Pokemon's ownership, split between itself, Game Freak, and Creatures, Inc.).

Also, Fire Emblem can get pretty dark, too.

Fire Emblem is probably their best game for me. People actually die, your characters have personality, etc. What I meant by them not having control over the xenogears series is that since xenogears has just recently been in Nintendo's hands they can't just change the whole formula and make it targeted for kids.

this isn't the xenoGEARS franchise. it's the xenoBLADE franchise.... it is a spiritual successor but.... still different games... you wouldn't say bioshock was a part of the system shock series would you?
---
Warning! this post may cause severe laughter. viewer discretion is advised...... read it, it's funny!
#72MagikarpRulesPosted 2/1/2013 9:57:18 PM
TheNargacuga posted...
MagikarpRules posted...
No offense, but every time I see a topic like this, what I get from subtext is that the person who creates said topic wants Pokemon to be a different kind of game just so it can appeal to them, but most of the time what they envision as a better game is not as great as they think.

Gameplay would be the same. Plot line would be deeper.

Just tell me, what would qualify as deeper plot to you? Without coming down to some cliche.
#73Solar_CrimsonPosted 2/1/2013 9:58:59 PM
What I meant by them not having control over the xenogears series is that since xenogears has just recently been in Nintendo's hands they can't just change the whole formula and make it targeted for kids.

Nintendo doesn't own Xenogears; Square does. Likewise, Namco owns Xenosaga.

Nintendo owns Xenoblade, and Xenoblade was only called that to honor the producer's work on the game; originally, it was going to be called "Monado: The Beginning of the World".
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#74TheNargacuga(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 9:59:19 PM
MagikarpRules posted...
TheNargacuga posted...
MagikarpRules posted...
No offense, but every time I see a topic like this, what I get from subtext is that the person who creates said topic wants Pokemon to be a different kind of game just so it can appeal to them, but most of the time what they envision as a better game is not as great as they think.

Gameplay would be the same. Plot line would be deeper.

Just tell me, what would qualify as deeper plot to you? Without coming down to some cliche.

I think they were onto something with N. He is probably the most 3 dimensional character in the series.
---
Help me ban the most loved user on gamefaqs!
http://gamefaqs.com/users/Dark_Zoroark/boards
#75TheNargacuga(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 10:02:18 PM
Solar_Crimson posted...
What I meant by them not having control over the xenogears series is that since xenogears has just recently been in Nintendo's hands they can't just change the whole formula and make it targeted for kids.

Nintendo doesn't own Xenogears; Square does. Likewise, Namco owns Xenosaga.

Nintendo owns Xenoblade, and Xenoblade was only called that to honor the producer's work on the game; originally, it was going to be called "Monado: The Beginning of the World".

Ah. I see.
---
Help me ban the most loved user on gamefaqs!
http://gamefaqs.com/users/Dark_Zoroark/boards