This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The #666 pokemon

#21MagikarpRulesPosted 2/1/2013 10:09:58 PM
Every time you say a Crow Pokemon, you make Murkrow and Honchkrow feel unappreciated.
#22pumpkinhead104Posted 2/1/2013 10:12:05 PM
overmaxx posted...
Considering the number, it will likely be one of the Normal derps or otherwise early Route Pokemon.

examples of other normal derp type pokemon plz?
#23DarkKirby2500Posted 2/1/2013 10:22:21 PM(edited)
There is no Christianity in Japan, 444 is considered the "cursed" number there because it's a pun on "Death Death Death", Gabite is 444, there really isn't any significance to it, unless you consider Garchomp being very OP significant.

---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#24FuneralCakePosted 2/1/2013 10:21:35 PM
MegaWentEvil posted...
No matter how bland it'll look, it'll still become a meme.

Unfortunately.

You people are crazy if you think #666 will be anything remotely "Satanic."
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
shut up before i make you shut up
#25TheNargacugaPosted 2/1/2013 10:23:37 PM
DarkKirby2500 posted...
There is no Christianity in Japan, 444 is considered the "cursed" number there because it's a pun on "Death Death Death", Gabite is 444, there really isn't any significance to it, unless you consider Garchomp being very OP significant.

Who said it was linked to Christianity?
---
Help me ban the most loved user on gamefaqs!
http://gamefaqs.com/users/Dark_Zoroark/boards
#26KaiserLeoPosted 2/1/2013 10:23:40 PM
DarkKirby2500 posted...
The is no Christianity in Japan, 444 is considered the "cursed" number there because it's a pun on "Death Death Death", Gabite is 444, there really isn't any significance to it, unless you consider Garchomp being very OP significant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Japan
---
I hate thongs, both kinds.
#27MagikarpRulesPosted 2/1/2013 10:25:58 PM
TheNargacuga posted...
DarkKirby2500 posted...

Do you know any other religion or belief where the 666 means anything significant?
#28TheNargacugaPosted 2/1/2013 10:29:51 PM
MagikarpRules posted...
TheNargacuga posted...
DarkKirby2500 posted...

Do you know any other religion or belief where the 666 means anything significant?

I was talking about 444 hence why I quoted the guy talking about 444.... :/ jeez louise.
---
Help me ban the most loved user on gamefaqs!
http://gamefaqs.com/users/Dark_Zoroark/boards
#29DarkKirby2500Posted 2/1/2013 10:32:50 PM(edited)
TheNargacuga posted...

KaiserLeo posted...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Japan

The point being, most people in Japan are not religious (and if they are they're unlikely to be Christian), and they certainly don't believe in Satan. It's not like the U.S., where the 2nd strongest and most popular political party uses religion as a selling point.

I would wager the U.S. is the most religious modernized country in the world, most places have become significantly less religious as technology increased.

As I said, 666 doesn't have any meaning in Japan, 444 is the "cursed" number, and it has been used as in Easter Egg in various Japanese games.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>