This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think I know why a lot of people say the anime sucks now.

#41GiftedACIIIPosted 2/2/2013 11:01:52 AM
sonicqaz2 posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
Pokemon died when when they put rap as the opening song for DP

Lmao english version fail. All the more to hunt down the elusive japanese version.

Runeboggle posted...
The best America got is DERP FAMILY GUY and DERP SOUTH PARK so I wouldn't be talking. American cartoons are completely mindless and childish with practically no plot

itp: Young Justice, Batman: TAS, Green Lantern: TAS, Beast Wars, MLP:FiM, etc. don't exist.

Those are rare ones but all of them still aren't even close to the deep and insightful plots some anime have. Most of cartoons are for children in a format where episodes usually have no emphasis on each other and have little overall plot unlike stuff like Code Geass, Death Note etc etc.. Pokemon is pandering to the American children though it still keeps the overall plot aspect.

Death Note? ARE YOU SERIOUS? This stuff is made for teenagers who like to think they're deep. Its nothing.

On the other hand, at least South Park's satire is interesting. I will give you that Family Guy is terrible.

I forgot to mention, while Death Note was made for teenagers, every cartoon listed up there were made for children.

So is Adventure Time.
#42ArctimonPosted 2/2/2013 11:05:03 AM
Nope, the english version is absolute garbage. Voice acting, jokes, music, emotion are all completely butchered in the English version. The rap opening spells that out that the English version targeting the CoD "cool kids" who wouldn't watch the show in the first place.

Again, that is your opinion. And that's fine.

But you seem to have a unreasonable impression of what the anime is suppose to be, and I can't help you there.
---
~~Official Dewgong of the Pokemon B/W Forum~~
Xiaolin Chronicles set to premiere Spring 2013!
#43360pages(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 11:05:42 AM
I think Death note actually did ask a decent question. After all Light did make the world better with what he was doing, even if what he was doing was questionable. I think you have to ask yourself, would you do the same thing if you were in his shoes.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#44GiftedACIIIPosted 2/2/2013 11:49:54 AM
Arctimon posted...
Nope, the english version is absolute garbage. Voice acting, jokes, music, emotion are all completely butchered in the English version. The rap opening spells that out that the English version targeting the CoD "cool kids" who wouldn't watch the show in the first place.

Again, that is your opinion. And that's fine.

But you seem to have a unreasonable impression of what the anime is suppose to be, and I can't help you there.

Comparing the English version to the japanese version is like comparing Justin Bieber to the Beatles/Nirvana/ACDC. Sure, you can like it but that just makes you an ignorant teenage girl who doesn't know any better. It can't be helped if you want to live in the dark.
#45willingmessPosted 2/2/2013 11:55:18 AM
gamingrat posted...
Digimon died after the second season

but season 3 of digimon was their absolute best they have done to date..... although I haven't yet seen the newest seasons...... they haven't released in america...
---
Warning! this post may cause severe laughter. viewer discretion is advised...... read it, it's funny!
#46ColonelHawkPosted 2/2/2013 12:37:57 PM(edited)
willingmess posted...
gamingrat posted...
Digimon died after the second season

but season 3 of digimon was their absolute best they have done to date..... although I haven't yet seen the newest seasons...... they haven't released in america...

Most of the Digimon fandom agrees that it died after season 5, or a least that's what I heard.
#47Hirokey123Posted 2/2/2013 12:49:49 PM
Digimon 1 and 2 were loved
Digimon 3 goes down as arguably the best.
Digimon 4 is herald as one of the worst (for good reason)
Digimon 5 was decent.
Digimon 6 I've not heard a single good thing about it.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#48Second_ChancesPosted 2/2/2013 12:58:09 PM
King-gamer posted...
No, the anime sucked from the beginning.

Digimon is a real anime. Except Season 4. when they went PokeReburst

Screw you, Frontier was awesome, bar the Royal Knights arc. Has the best opening theme, too.
#49Hirokey123Posted 2/2/2013 1:08:18 PM
Second_Chances posted...
King-gamer posted...
No, the anime sucked from the beginning.

Digimon is a real anime. Except Season 4. when they went PokeReburst

Screw you, Frontier was awesome, bar the Royal Knights arc. Has the best opening theme, too.

The first part with Cherubimon was decent. But the second part with the royal knights was awful because essentially for that entire season everyone who's not Takuya or Koji was stripped of their powers and rendered useless. I mean it's one thing to make some characters stronger than the other, but to strip all but two characters of their powers for an entire half of that season was ridiculous.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#50MilsoPosted 2/2/2013 1:34:01 PM
The voice acting certainly doesn't help, but it's not the problem with the show and the Japanese version isn't any better. It's just flat out awful and always has been, aside from the first episode.
---
rawr