This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how can you stop this charizard without hacking?

#51Zarren364Posted 2/2/2013 8:05:03 PM(edited)
DoctorJimmy133 posted...
How about this:

Lv 1
Whimsicott@Wide Lens
Prankster
-Grasswhistle
-Endeavor
-Leech Seed

Put the 'Zard to sleep, Endeavor it down to a few HP, then Seed it and it dies.

This only works if Whimsicott's attacks land, and if 'Zard doesn't wake up quickly enough.

This.

Heck, run double team and brightpowder for the lulz.

---
GLAD GANG l SSS l No.XII l OPBW2C-Wargle I R - Zarren
I am the Anti-troll. Your poll needs a bacon option.
#52patsfan2312Posted 2/2/2013 8:07:05 PM
Sassy Multiscale Dragonite w/Roost, Toxic, and possibly Protect for stalling?
Could it survive two Fire Blasts with max IV's and EV's in Sp. Def?
Maybe one of the Fire Blasts misses or he uses Ember lol
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjkyuXdfhlA
#53Brandon042487Posted 2/2/2013 8:20:33 PM
sonicfanaticjtb posted...
All I need is two pokémon, and only one of which actually has to attack.

Hippopotas
Aron

Both at level 1.

Hippo comes out and gets sand a blowin'. It has done it's job and, thus, can be killed at your leisure.

Aron comes out. You use one of your attacks to do over 9000 damage, Sturdy activates, leaving the thing with 1 HP. Aron uses endeavor, bringing you down to my level. Shell Bell brings me back to max health. Sand kills Charizard.

gg

Turboblaze negates Sturdy
---
B**** don't make me HM01 you!
ALL HAIL THE GLORIOUS HYPNOTOAD!
#54QueskerPosted 2/2/2013 8:25:17 PM(edited)
Assuming we're only using one Pokemon...
First off, find a Pokemon with the following attributes:

1) It has Flash Fire or a similar ability if such ability exists (which I doubt).
2) Learn one of the following moves: Gastro Acid, Worry Seed, Entrainment, or Simple Beam.

The only Pokemon to fulfill those two requirements is Heatmor.

Now, equip Heatmor with the Focus Sash, allowing it to take at least one hit.

On the first turn, Heatmor uses Gastro Acid, and then it can just wail on Charizard with whatever it can use, but personally, I'd use one with the following moveset:
-Gastro Acid
-Rock Tomb
-Hone Claws
-Double Team/Slash/Rest

The only other Rock type move available to Heatmor is...well...Hidden Power. However, Heatmor does have access to Hone Claws, making Rock Tomb more appealing. Not only will its accuracy be heightened thanks to Hone Claws, but the speed lowering feature of said move will slightly speed up the battle by allowing Heatmor to attack first. That is of course it can outspeed Charizard before the Rock Tomb kills it. Double Team is added in just for kicks, but in the event that Rock Tomb runs out of PP, an alternative (physical) move would be in place. Slash is chosen due to its being up there with the likes of Shadow Claw of the highest BP with little-no consequence and higher PP.

The main flaw of this set-up would be Fire Spin. Should it hit, Fire Spin would ruin the Heatmor due to the nature of this special Charizard. However, in the event that the Fire Spin and the aftermath damage doesn't faint Heatmor, it may use Rest to heal the damage. Since Gastro Acid has already negated Charizard's Turboblaze, any further attacks would be useless.
---
7 is good. I swear the school's 75-100 grading scale has ruined peoples perception of things.
-MillionGunmannn
#55sonicfanaticjtbPosted 2/2/2013 8:25:41 PM
Brandon042487 posted...
sonicfanaticjtb posted...
All I need is two pokémon, and only one of which actually has to attack.

Hippopotas
Aron

Both at level 1.

Hippo comes out and gets sand a blowin'. It has done it's job and, thus, can be killed at your leisure.

Aron comes out. You use one of your attacks to do over 9000 damage, Sturdy activates, leaving the thing with 1 HP. Aron uses endeavor, bringing you down to my level. Shell Bell brings me back to max health. Sand kills Charizard.

gg

Turboblaze negates Sturdy

..................... Well now.... Didn't know that...

Dunno if that's do to my ongoing hiatus from competitive battles, the fact that I don't play ubers, or my somewhat limited experience with the level 1 sturdy strategy, but... Huh... Good to know!
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#56PrinceKaroPosted 2/2/2013 8:26:58 PM
Mirror Coat him with a Wobbuffet@Focus Sash
---
My, what big ears you have! :3
http://img.imgcake.com/PrinceKaro/fennecjpgab.jpg
#57Brandon042487Posted 2/2/2013 8:28:20 PM
Well think of it this way

Turboblaze and Terravolt = Mold Breaker
---
B**** don't make me HM01 you!
ALL HAIL THE GLORIOUS HYPNOTOAD!
#58QueskerPosted 2/2/2013 8:56:36 PM
For the record, I remember someone (can't remember the name, though) that made such puzzles, and even though I never participated in them, I quite enjoyed them. Whoever that person is, could you make those puzzles again?
---
7 is good. I swear the school's 75-100 grading scale has ruined peoples perception of things.
-MillionGunmannn
#59GiftedACIIIPosted 2/3/2013 11:13:42 AM
Quesker posted...
Assuming we're only using one Pokemon...
First off, find a Pokemon with the following attributes:

1) It has Flash Fire or a similar ability if such ability exists (which I doubt).
2) Learn one of the following moves: Gastro Acid, Worry Seed, Entrainment, or Simple Beam.

The only Pokemon to fulfill those two requirements is Heatmor.

Now, equip Heatmor with the Focus Sash, allowing it to take at least one hit.

On the first turn, Heatmor uses Gastro Acid, and then it can just wail on Charizard with whatever it can use, but personally, I'd use one with the following moveset:
-Gastro Acid
-Rock Tomb
-Hone Claws
-Double Team/Slash/Rest

The only other Rock type move available to Heatmor is...well...Hidden Power. However, Heatmor does have access to Hone Claws, making Rock Tomb more appealing. Not only will its accuracy be heightened thanks to Hone Claws, but the speed lowering feature of said move will slightly speed up the battle by allowing Heatmor to attack first. That is of course it can outspeed Charizard before the Rock Tomb kills it. Double Team is added in just for kicks, but in the event that Rock Tomb runs out of PP, an alternative (physical) move would be in place. Slash is chosen due to its being up there with the likes of Shadow Claw of the highest BP with little-no consequence and higher PP.

The main flaw of this set-up would be Fire Spin. Should it hit, Fire Spin would ruin the Heatmor due to the nature of this special Charizard. However, in the event that the Fire Spin and the aftermath damage doesn't faint Heatmor, it may use Rest to heal the damage. Since Gastro Acid has already negated Charizard's Turboblaze, any further attacks would be useless.

Very nice analysis!