This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How did your Pokemon Adventure start?

#1Solidshooter24Posted 2/2/2013 8:39:18 PM
I was taking a number 2 and I was playing Pokemon and i thought to myself, "I remember when I was 8 and getting my game boy."
Then I was like "I wonder how people got started playing pokemon?"
Anyone mind sharing their stories with me? I'll go first!

It was a warm morning in California, it was my birthday. My brother woke me up saying he got a new Pokemon game and was mocking me! "I got blue version and you didn't!" Started crying and that's when he was like,"It's for you douche." Then i started crying even harder because I didn't have a Gameboy and he left running. He came back and was like here you need this! He handed me a purple see through gameboy color.
That's how my adventure got started. Ever since I've been a fan.

TL;DR I got a gameboy and blue version for my birthday.
---
PSN: Solidshooter24
Now playing: Mortal Kombat (Vita) and MW3 (PS3)
#2bobstevens23123Posted 2/2/2013 8:43:27 PM
my friend had brought his gameboy with him on a school field trip. I thought the game looked cool and he let me play. hooked ever since
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960188-call-of-duty-black-ops/59821100
#3niklnipPosted 2/2/2013 8:44:16 PM
Got a red GBA and Pokemon Ruby right when I was growing out of Pokemon... Never ever looked back... >w>
---
Black 2 Friend Code [Nikl]: 0433-7110-2756
Official Swoobat of the Pokemon X board
#4LightningAce11Posted 2/2/2013 8:44:36 PM
My dad came back from America and handed a game boy with red version when I was five. I spent the whole day trying to get out of the house.
---
Official Zapdos of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
Married to Rosa
#5Solidshooter24(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 9:17:01 PM
bobstevens23123 posted...
my friend had brought his gameboy with him on a school field trip. I thought the game looked cool and he let me play. hooked ever since

I remember getting my gameboy taken away and getting an ass whooping in school... haha!
---
#6scrappybristolPosted 2/2/2013 9:19:13 PM
My parents bought me a gameboy so I would shut the hell up and stop breaking crap.

Little did they know that their choice of parenting style would forever change my life.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#7TwilightWolf000Posted 2/2/2013 9:25:42 PM
I saw this commercial and begged my parents for it. Got both Red and Blue for my birthday. When I see it now, it's a horrible commercial, but hey, I was 8.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGXLJ-AHKLs
---
GT: TwilightWolf000 PSN: SquireRamza
Black 2 FC: 1206 7052 5893
#8Solidshooter24(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 9:27:21 PM
TwilightWolf000 posted...
I saw this commercial and begged my parents for it. Got both Red and Blue for my birthday. When I see it now, it's a horrible commercial, but hey, I was 8.

That was really...evil. Never seen that commercial! Creepy stuff honestly haha.
---
#9TwilightWolf000Posted 2/2/2013 9:29:33 PM
Solidshooter24 posted...
TwilightWolf000 posted...

That was really...evil. Never seen that commercial! Creepy stuff honestly haha.

I know, right? I completely forgot about the whole ... crushing thing. I think this was the first American Pokemon commercial.
---
GT: TwilightWolf000 PSN: SquireRamza
Black 2 FC: 1206 7052 5893
#10Solidshooter24(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 9:30:37 PM
I understand watching it at the age of 8. All you care about is the Pokemon haha. But now older you're like damn. That guy was crazy.
---