This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How did your Pokemon Adventure start?

#31Big_PecksPosted 2/3/2013 12:57:24 PM
I was playing with my cousin's Blue game one day when I was young. I had no idea how to play, but I still found enjoyability by crushing everyone in the S.S. Anne with an Alakazam.
#32adonfrazPosted 2/3/2013 1:25:51 PM
Got Pokemon Blue for Christmas back in the day
---
"I wanted another ad where LeBron says "Like a good neighbor State Farm is there, with a clutch gene!" - Skip Bayless
Xbox GT: Loyal Catalyst
#33PChaosWMPosted 2/3/2013 2:04:08 PM
I was 9 or 10 when Red/Blue came out. I was grounded in the months leading up to it due to my grades; I couldn't watch TV to get any information on it. One day I saw some kids at school playing it and I thought it looked like fun.

I went home and talked to my mother and we made a deal. If I could get all B's or higher for that semester she would buy me one of the Pokemon games. I pulled it off except for one C+, to which she replied, "close enough." She bought me Red version a couple days later and I've enjoyed it ever since. There were some years where I wouldn't play any Pokemon games, but the franchise has never left me.

I also learned to apply myself in school because of that, and will graduate college next year with around a 3.5 or 3.6 GPA.
---
||===============|| PerfectChaosWM ||===============||
||=|| Growing old is mandatory. ||=|| Growing up is optional. ||=||
#34CakeOfLiesPosted 2/3/2013 2:07:22 PM
endergamer537 posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Got my friend HeartGold for his b-day last year cuz I knew he like Pokemon games and I heard HeartGold was the best.
On that same day, before he started playing, we just so happened to stop by a Gamestop and I saw SoulSilver on the shelf for 25 bucks... And I had a $25 gamestop gift card.

Before I knew it, we started our games at the exact same time naming our characters Cecil and Kain with our rivals being Golbez and Zemus (I was Kain with Zemus). Cookie to whoever gets the reference.

Final Fantasy IV, of course.
Anyway, I first got into Pokemon when I saw my friend playing Silver. I got Crystal, and I got hooked.

When I was about to win a hard fight, I would say "let me ease your suffering!" in my best Kain voice.

*hands you cookie*
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/11/wXLYp87DiE2C6xnGXLS7BA2.jpg