This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So do people love starters because they are simply starters?

#91ecylisPosted 2/4/2013 4:45:51 PM
I go with design and movepool in-game...
Because
y'know
in-game is easy nothing matters
It's not competitive.
I just pick the ones with the coolest designs and vary their movesets.
---
Pokemon SoulSilver FC: 4470-8076-7033
Not changing this sig until this fad dies out. Started on 8/24/12.
#92BenifyPosted 2/4/2013 8:37:35 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Polimario posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
There were available Fire Types better than the Fire starters?
Cuz last I checked, Charizard and Typhlosion are matched by Arcanine, but not beaten.
And nothing that I'm aware of beats Blaziken or Infernape in their games as Fire Types (Infernape was the ONLY Gen IV Fire Type -_-)

But in Gen V, everything beats the Starters. I chose Oshawott so that Genesect would beat my Rival easier. :P

Heatran.

Heatran's a Legendary.
I don't count them when talking about stuff like that.

Magmortar for most forgotten fire type.
---
GT: Deadpool2020
9th Guard for life <3
#93MagikarpRulesPosted 2/4/2013 8:58:44 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
MagikarpRules posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
MagikarpRules posted...
Stalk you? Pfff, whatever makes you happy champ. It's only that you don't seem to miss an opportunity to belittle anyone who is not a competitive player, and I'm sick of it. I'm pretty sure you aren't as good as you think anyway.

Whatever you say troll.

The guy who likes to tell everyone who likes a Pokemon because of its design that they are noobs and keeps telling everyone that only competitive play matters calls me a troll. Is that the better you can do? Pretty sad.

Lol the only sad thing here are the noobs so bad at gaming they can only play a children's game and yet still go on hardcore forums because they don't have any actual friends in real life to talk with.

And you assume I'm bad at gaming because I don't play competitively. Which I don't do because I don't want to, not because I wouldn't be able to. I don't know who told you that this message board is exclusively for ardcore gamers, because it isn't. And seeing that you are in this site too, what does that say about your social life too? Man, this is getting sadder every minute. Trying to cover your lack of aguments playing the troll card, and hen the life card. The latter is particularly hilarious when someone in the Internet uses it to try to insult other user, without realising the same could be said of themselves.
#94Hylian50Posted 2/4/2013 9:08:08 PM
I don't even bother with the starters anymore, it's just more fun to use the pokemon you catch in-game.

Actually, just looking at B2/W2 all the starters are outclassed by other pokemon. Azumaril is better than Samurott in nearly every way and can be obtained much earlier. Same thing with Whimsicott/Serperior. Emboar is probably the best, mostly because of the dual fighting type, but Darmanitan is still the better physical attacker. Arcanine and Magmorter can be obtained early and are better choices too.
#95GiftedACIIIPosted 2/5/2013 10:31:53 AM
MagikarpRules posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
MagikarpRules posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
MagikarpRules posted...
Stalk you? Pfff, whatever makes you happy champ. It's only that you don't seem to miss an opportunity to belittle anyone who is not a competitive player, and I'm sick of it. I'm pretty sure you aren't as good as you think anyway.

Whatever you say troll.

The guy who likes to tell everyone who likes a Pokemon because of its design that they are noobs and keeps telling everyone that only competitive play matters calls me a troll. Is that the better you can do? Pretty sad.

Lol the only sad thing here are the noobs so bad at gaming they can only play a children's game and yet still go on hardcore forums because they don't have any actual friends in real life to talk with.

And you assume I'm bad at gaming because I don't play competitively. Which I don't do because I don't want to, not because I wouldn't be able to. I don't know who told you that this message board is exclusively for ardcore gamers, because it isn't. And seeing that you are in this site too, what does that say about your social life too? Man, this is getting sadder every minute. Trying to cover your lack of aguments playing the troll card, and hen the life card. The latter is particularly hilarious when someone in the Internet uses it to try to insult other user, without realising the same could be said of themselves.

You’re a grown man playing Pokemon the kiddy way and fighting about it with internet strangers on an antisocial nerd message board. Competitive players at least have and strive for positive interaction with other humans since its PVP instead of being a sad loner who fights NPCs all day. Not to mention every single other competitive site even Smogon is better than Gamefaqs which is known to have the worst community.

And yeah going on Gamefaqs for years pretty much means you have little social life especially noobs. Gamefaqs members are hardcore to the extreme, there are so many better sites for simply discussing Pokemon like Bulbagarden and Serebii.
#96Daemonscharm(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 10:49:12 AM
Hylian50 posted...
I don't even bother with the starters anymore, it's just more fun to use the pokemon you catch in-game.

Actually, just looking at B2/W2 all the starters are outclassed by other pokemon. Azumaril is better than Samurott in nearly every way and can be obtained much earlier. Same thing with Whimsicott/Serperior. Emboar is probably the best, mostly because of the dual fighting type, but Darmanitan is still the better physical attacker. Arcanine and Magmorter can be obtained early and are better choices too.

Darmanitan was so op I loved him
---
Mavs Fan: Official GBASB Vice President/Romancer
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo273/Photo_Phreak/alkalinesig2.png
#97CakeOfLiesPosted 2/5/2013 11:19:36 AM
Benify posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Polimario posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
There were available Fire Types better than the Fire starters?
Cuz last I checked, Charizard and Typhlosion are matched by Arcanine, but not beaten.
And nothing that I'm aware of beats Blaziken or Infernape in their games as Fire Types (Infernape was the ONLY Gen IV Fire Type -_-)

But in Gen V, everything beats the Starters. I chose Oshawott so that Genesect would beat my Rival easier. :P

Heatran.

Heatran's a Legendary.
I don't count them when talking about stuff like that.

Magmortar for most forgotten fire type.

Was Magmortar obtainable in-game in Diamond and Pearl?
I'm talking about completely new, non-Legendary, totally obtainable. I believe Infernape is the only one that fits that description.
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/11/wXLYp87DiE2C6xnGXLS7BA2.jpg
#98Bahamut_10thPosted 2/5/2013 11:24:05 AM
I pick Pokémon based on wether or not I like how they look, and if they can stand on their feet.
I usually only like 2 starters at most.

Gen 1 - Charmander
Gen 2 - Totodile and Cindaquil
Gen 3 - Treecko and Torchic
Gen 4 - All of them
Gen 5 - Snivy and Oshawott
#99DarkDragon386Posted 2/5/2013 1:18:56 PM
And yeah going on Gamefaqs for years pretty much means you have little social life especially noobs. Gamefaqs members are hardcore to the extreme, there are so many
better sites for simply discussing Pokemon like Bulbagarden and Serebii.

Then do yourself a favor and quit posting here if you hate it so much.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#100RaidenHeroPosted 2/5/2013 1:20:11 PM
No..there are several different things that going into your pick for the starter..right know Chespin is the best in my opinion..