This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon IRL

#1Nomorice4UPosted 2/3/2013 7:35:13 PM
Wouldn't be all that great...

There won't be battles. There'd be best in shows, races and circuses. But lets face it, those things wouldn't be all that interesting for gamers like me if I were to grow up in the world of pokemon... just like how little I care about horse races and dog shows now.

Of course there's always the perks that you don't necessarily need money to get a decent mean of transport since you can capture one. Seeing as how dangerous pokemon can be though, I'm sure there'll be endless regulations around. Owning one would require a proper licence and perhaps certificates with training for its particular species, especially if its one of more dangerous types like fire and thunder. Imagine how long it'd take to be qualified to train all the different types. I'm sure dark, ghost, psychic would probably be banned.

And then actually being able to afford their livelihood. Its nice that magical professors exists in the games with deep enough pockets to take care of your critters free of charge. How realistic is that deal IRL?

Ash would need a safari to house all of his pokes. Thats money he has not.
You'd probably need to be Bill Gates or at least Oprah to become a master. Realistically, you'd be lucky to be able to have one by your side before mid life.
#2Pendragon71037Posted 2/3/2013 7:37:15 PM
I don't see why battles wouldn't exist, they do IRL.
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 5. Proud member of the Omastar Club. All hail Omastar! Official Torterra of the White 2 board.
#3sinfulGrimoirePosted 2/3/2013 7:40:52 PM
This would be bad. Really bad. Just think how many nerdy fanboys would be catching Ralts just to evolve them into Gardevoir.
#4LightningHawk90Posted 2/3/2013 7:42:28 PM
sinfulGrimoire posted...
This would be bad. Really bad. Just think how many nerdy fanboys would be catching Ralts just to evolve them into Gardevoir.

In real life, the Gardevior could fight back with head exploding results :)
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#5WindyligthPosted 2/3/2013 7:42:30 PM
Pendragon71037 posted...

But would it be illegal?
---
Why can't the caterpie and the pidgey be friends? One eats leaves and the other eats caterpie. Oh I see it now.
#6CharizardFirePosted 2/3/2013 7:44:06 PM
Owning one would require a proper license and perhaps certificates with training for its particular species, especially if its one of more dangerous types like fire and thunder. Imagine how long it'd take to be qualified to train all the different types.

Most people would probably just try to qualify for a few types, rather than all of them.

And then actually being able to afford their livelihood. Its nice that magical professors exists in the games with deep enough pockets to take care of your critters free of charge. How realistic is that deal IRL?

Ash would need a safari to house all of his pokes. Thats money he has not.
You'd probably need to be Bill Gates or at least Oprah to become a master. Realistically, you'd be lucky to be able to have one by your side before mid life.

Most people probably wouldn't try to get huge collections of Pokémon. They would probably just get a few of them.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#7Pendragon71037Posted 2/3/2013 7:44:42 PM
Windyligth posted...
Pendragon71037 posted...

But would it be illegal?

Only if its against its will. You have to ask them before you are allowed.
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 5. Proud member of the Omastar Club. All hail Omastar! Official Torterra of the White 2 board.
#8darkdragongirlPosted 2/3/2013 7:55:04 PM
Considering our world has more developed cities (imo) you probably couldn't battle in the middle of a road.

It would all be regulated. Not everyone could be a trainer either. Training could take a more realistic effort. So there would be more emphasis on winning to make enough money, and afford premium training/care.

EVs/IVs would not exist, but I think natures might be more important in how hard or impossible it is to train a Pokemon.

Each country or state/province could have a league. Different starters, but an agreement that they are always water/grass/fire.

HM's such as flying or surf would not exist except for Pokemon that normally can't (Pikachu/Rhydon).

Although size/weight would matter. You're not flying a Pidgey or surfing on a Shelder.
---
Chespin 2013
Chespin me right round like a record
#9Alakazam_fanPosted 2/3/2013 9:07:49 PM
>Trade a friend your Charizard for his Gyarados

>No badges

>Charizard and Gyarados destroy continents
---
Don't stop, never give up, hold your head high and reach the top. Let the world see what you have got. Bring it all back to you.
~Elise is mai waifu~
#10FierceDeity1026Posted 2/3/2013 9:18:59 PM
>Attempts to get on sidewalk
>Ledge is too high
>Goes home