This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Forget the starter pokemon. Early beginning bird pokemon are better

#1WizardofHothPosted 2/3/2013 10:26:35 PM
Seriously a Pidgey pokemon can beat the first 2 Gym trainers if you're really good at training and leveling them up.

have a Pidgey or any small bird pokemon learn Gust and you're good to go
#2evillockePosted 2/3/2013 10:27:54 PM
Staraptor used close combat! TC fainted.
---
Offical Breloom of all pokemon boards.
R.I.P Final fantasy: March 2003.
#3TheNargacugaPosted 2/3/2013 10:29:16 PM
WizardofHoth posted...
Seriously a Pidgey pokemon can beat the first 2 Gym trainers if you're really good at training and leveling them up.

Yeah, but your starter can pretty much owner the first two gyms without a type advantage. The pidgey line is s*** anyways. Staraptor and Swellow? Yeah you would have had some kind of point.
---
Help me ban the most loved user on gamefaqs!
http://gamefaqs.com/users/Dark_Zoroark/boards
#4EnferolunosPosted 2/3/2013 10:29:34 PM
WizardofHoth posted...
Seriously a [Any] pokemon can beat the first 2 Gym trainers if you're really good at training and leveling them up.

>_>
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#5ThatKippPosted 2/3/2013 10:29:59 PM
Staraptor used close combat! TC fainted.

---
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X boards
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#6King-gamerPosted 2/3/2013 10:33:33 PM
I think you mean good at grinding for several hours to fight the first gym while every other player would already have their 3rd badge by that point.
---
This is a sig. Yup.
#7WizardofHoth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 10:33:54 PM
Yeah well I beat that one tower in the beginning of Heartgold where all the monks or whatever had bellsprouts.

Pidgey beats bellsprouts. So dont tell me the Pidgey pokemon suck. Never underestimate a tiny bird pokemon like Pidgey
#8evillockePosted 2/3/2013 10:35:27 PM
The Pidgey pokemon suck.
---
Offical Breloom of all pokemon boards.
R.I.P Final fantasy: March 2003.
#9MagikarpRulesPosted 2/3/2013 10:40:55 PM
Pidgey has a hard time in Brock's gym. If I'm going to grind to be able to take down Brock, I may as well do the same with Charmander. Squirtle and Bulbasaur just need to get to level 8 or so.

Fearow is better than Pidgeot, IMO.
#10CharizardFirePosted 2/3/2013 10:45:53 PM
WizardofHoth posted...

Yeah, but your starter can pretty much owner the first two gyms without a type advantage. The pidgey line is s*** anyways. Staraptor and Swellow? Yeah you would have had some kind of point.

Not really, since both Staraptor and Swellow are worse than at least one starter in their respective regions.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif