This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How would everyone feel about....

#1Mewtwo_soulPosted 2/4/2013 2:32:41 AM
A new change to Pokemon abilities with the addition of two at one time?

Now, do not mistake this for a Pokemon getting both standard abilities they are commonly found with but instead an improvement with Pokemon getting a Passive ability, and a direct ability.

For instance, let's say that Pressure would be more considered a passive ability [I can see the argument on this concept already] and then anything with passive would get a more direct effect on its attacks, effects, etc.

Kind of like this:

No Guard is a direct ability, while a passive ability may be like Insomnia.

Now, I know this sounds bad in some instances for a few reasons:

"What, now I have to get the right nature, right abilities, right IVs, etc? GRR!"

On the other this could drasticly help some of the weaker tier Pokemon if the lists and or abilities placed in a "movepool" of sorts had more favorable abilities for weaker Pokemon and the like. (So you certainly won't see Serene Grace and No Guard on the same Pokemon for instance)
---
Ignoring sheep. Best solution on CoD boards.
#2assassinCrashPosted 2/4/2013 2:52:31 AM
No.
#3KitschgardenerPosted 2/4/2013 3:23:40 AM
No.
#4WindyligthPosted 2/4/2013 3:23:57 AM
I think it could make some UU poles OU. So I support this.
---
Why can't the caterpie and the pidgey be friends? One eats leaves and the other eats caterpie. Oh I see it now.
#5Mewtwo_soul(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 8:50:04 PM(edited)
At least if you're going to disagree at least give a reason.

Let's face it Gen Five had no new mechanics for battling, and we've done hte spec/phys split, we might as well come up with splits in abilities.

It would also be helpful to Pokemon with crappy DW abilities, and starters in general. (Maybe get an ability in passive that prevents damage from EH for Charizard? Heck yeah, now he's at least usable.]
---
Ignoring sheep. Best solution on CoD boards.
#6chronifused2Posted 2/4/2013 8:55:13 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
At least if you're going to disagree at least give a reason.

Let's face it Gen Five had no new mechanics for battling, and we've done hte spec/phys split, we might as well come up with splits in abilities.

It would also be helpful to Pokemon with crappy DW abilities, and starters in general. (Maybe get an ability in passive that prevents damage from EH for Charizard? Heck yeah, now he's at least usable.]

5th gen had a ton of new smaller mechanics like sleep turns resetting
---
Somewhere, Gamefreak employees are reading the topics on this board and laughing.-themagicpainman
Roxie is mine because I said so. OK?