This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Chespin has no evidence of Grass/Dark

#1BlackSaborPosted 2/4/2013 8:44:24 AM
Honestly guys. Have you never used the move aerial ace in 5th gen? It's the exact animation of the 'night slash' move everyone is thinking it used. It's odd, but cool looking. And while I'm at it, Froakie doing a physical move does not mean it's going to be fighting.

So a dual circle would have been cool, but there's no actual evidence.
#2Sid_StarkillerPosted 2/4/2013 8:48:18 AM
What evidence did Tepig have for Fire/Fighting? Or even Charmander for Fire/Flying?

I'm not defending blind guesses, I'm just saying your reasoning doesn't really work.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1292-6017-5477 (Sid)
Statement: Just a simple droid here, ma'am. Nothing to see. Move along.
#3BlackSabor(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 8:49:22 AM
I didn't say it was confirmed not to. I said that it has no evidence and most people are acting like it's fact just because of that one move that's not even the move they think it is.
#4Missingno_MastrPosted 2/4/2013 8:49:41 AM
Well, Chespin also bears a very, very vague similarity to Nuzleaf... yeah, I got nothing. Of course, this doesn't mean it can't be Grass/Dark, either. Seriously, who honestly took a look at Tepig or Torchic and went, "yep, that's gonna be part Fighting"? I mean, aside from the pessimists in the case of Tepig, anyway...
---
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/groups/weezing-alliance/pictures/59420-1.PNG
#5Shadow_StarWolfPosted 2/4/2013 8:54:48 AM(edited)
The attack Chespin used doesn't even remind me of Night Slash at all. It reminded me more of Aerial Ace due to that red line thing.

From: Missingno_Mastr | Posted: 2/4/2013 11:49:41 PM | #004
Well, Chespin also bears a very, very vague similarity to Nuzleaf... yeah, I got nothing. Of course, this doesn't mean it can't be Grass/Dark, either. Seriously, who honestly took a look at Tepig or Torchic and went, "yep, that's gonna be part Fighting"? I mean, aside from the pessimists in the case of Tepig, anyway...

Oh god Chespin will evolve into a Pokemon with nipples?
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
#6BlackSabor(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 8:54:46 AM
Shadow_StarWolf posted...
The attack Chespin used doesn't even remind me of Night Slash at all. It reminded me more of Aerial Ace due to that red line thing.

Because that's what it is. It's Aerial Ace. But everyone sees the dark, and the slash and think it HAS to be night slash, therefore he must end up Grass/Dark.
#7nro87Posted 2/4/2013 9:06:47 AM
Oh man, it's really cOLD in here.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#8Mudkip43Posted 2/4/2013 12:32:38 PM
Yeah because Piplup screamed Water/Steel
#9EnferolunosPosted 2/4/2013 12:35:40 PM
Shadow_StarWolf posted...

From: Missingno_Mastr | Posted: 2/4/2013 11:49:41 PM | #004

Oh god Chespin will evolve into a Pokemon with nipples?

What?
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#10Rogue MuttPosted 2/4/2013 12:36:05 PM
Sid_Starkiller posted...
What evidence did Tepig have for Fire/Fighting? Or even Charmander for Fire/Flying?

I'm not defending blind guesses, I'm just saying your reasoning doesn't really work.

This guy understands. We can't tell anything based solely on the starters' basic forms. But if we are going to ban speculation, we might as well just close the board and go home.
---
We're here! We play Pokemon! Get used to it!