This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you had a town in Pokemon, what would you call it?

#1HauntedBulletsPosted 2/4/2013 3:07:09 PM
Okay so we all know about the Hidden Base mechanic that is ever so awesome, in some peoples opinions...

I on the other hand find it very lacking in usefullness and all around accessibility.

I believe they should make a kind of "Blank Slate" town in each game that once you do a certain quest or something similar you become the "Mayor" or "Gym Leader" of the town and get to do the following:

Recruit -

Pokecenter Nurse
Pokemart Clerk
Police Officers
Pokefashion/Theatre(stuff like that)
Battle Tent people.
A Move Tutor(The ones that can teach a pokemon their old moves.)
Trainers(For your gym, must be a specific type. A.k.a. The type of Gym you decide to open in your town from choosing two basic types)

Also, you get to decide -

The layout/puzzle mechanics of your Gym
The layout of your town
Scenery etc. (statues, lights, trees, benches)
The look of your town(Each house built by pedestrians in your town will have a similar design)
and finally, Your own house(that your mom moves into from the starting town)

I realize all of this is quite drastic and could probably be another game all together but if done right and introduced properly I feel like it could add a lot to post-game stuff. I was thinking you would have to be Champion in your region before the quest to build the town back up even appears.

the name of my town is The Hubbabaloo Bugaloo.
---
PSN: HauntedBullets
#2HauntedBullets(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 3:08:17 PM
And yes, I add the pokecenter mainly so that you would be able to Fly to your own town! no more flying to the nearest town and stumbling around till you find your base that won't let you do anything worth while anyway!
---
#3Throwback2780Posted 2/4/2013 3:09:21 PM
Robotnik Land.

the whole town would be full of robots. the gym would be steel.
#4HauntedBullets(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 3:30:01 PM(edited)
For those having a hard time picturing how it would work, think something like Breath of Fire II way back in the day on SNES.

Also, there would be internet connectivity so people can visit each others towns by "Flying" to them.

Also, a more recent game "Animal Crossing" - similar but not quite what I have in mind.
---
#5CakeOfLiesPosted 2/4/2013 3:33:23 PM
If I could make a PWT or Battle Tower type thing in it, I'd remake Glitzville from Paper Mario. That would be sweet. If not, then the Gym Leader would have Fighting Types and Flying Types as a reference to Rawk Hawk.
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/11/wXLYp87DiE2C6xnGXLS7BA2.jpg
#6FuneralCakePosted 2/4/2013 3:41:08 PM(edited)
I would call it Lazy Town.

The gym would be a bakery or pirate ship, depending on the version.
Inhabitants would be mostly children, with maybe three grown ups (all super creepy).
The gym leader would be Robbie Rotten, a nefarious evildoer hellbent on ruining the lives of the children by stealing their candy. Gives out the BingBangBadge when defeated.
Nurse Stephanie would run the PokeCenter.
Sportacus would give you a free Fresh Water when you enter the gym.
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
i don't even gaf anymore
#7AlI_About_The_UPosted 2/4/2013 3:38:14 PM
I would call it Lazy Town.

The gym would be a bakery or pirate ship, depending on the version.
Inhabitants would be mostly children, with maybe three grown ups (all super creepy).
The gym leader would be Robbie Rotten, a nefarious evildoer hellbent on ruining the lives of the children by stealing their candy.
Nurse Stephanie would run the PokeCenter.
Sportacus would give you a free Fresh Water when you enter the gym.

<3
---
http://i.imgur.com/PqS9Duf.jpg