This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Honestly, HGSS was my favorite. (Gasp, real reasons inside?)

#11uchihajuan176Posted 2/4/2013 9:44:50 PM
SR71halo posted...
uchihajuan176 posted...
you can get 16 badges in HG/SS?!!!! havent played em and theres really 2 regions in one game? like once you get 8 badges and beat the elite 4 you go another region and rinse repeat but with diff gym leaders? if its like i said im on my way to buy SS

Sort of like that. It's a remake of Gold/Silver so the second region is actually the Kanto region (though unlike G/S/C, this Kanto has been nearly fully restored).

Yeah, I think HG/SS is my overall favorite too. The graphics, mechanics and music were all superb.

thats awesome iso pretty much its like having 2 pokemon games in 1?
---
GT: Ayooooooo JJB
MH Tri : JJB HR 150
#12PikaleyPosted 2/4/2013 10:31:45 PM
Agree with most of reasons above but by far my favorite addition was pokemon following you, not sure why this was taken out in later games....this alone keeps me coming back to hgss alot
---
3ds fc - 4983-5114-5815, Name: Brad
#13nro87Posted 2/4/2013 10:37:01 PM
uchihajuan176 posted...
SR71halo posted...
uchihajuan176 posted...
you can get 16 badges in HG/SS?!!!! havent played em and theres really 2 regions in one game? like once you get 8 badges and beat the elite 4 you go another region and rinse repeat but with diff gym leaders? if its like i said im on my way to buy SS

Sort of like that. It's a remake of Gold/Silver so the second region is actually the Kanto region (though unlike G/S/C, this Kanto has been nearly fully restored).

Yeah, I think HG/SS is my overall favorite too. The graphics, mechanics and music were all superb.

How old are you? It's a remake of G/S/C. If you are this excited about this, but never played G/S/C, I get the feeling that you are an underage user.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#14Chaos_MissilePosted 2/4/2013 10:46:07 PM
Doest deny the balance and difficulty is kinda broken.

It needed 2 regions for Gen 2 to do what other gens did with 1, namely a better level progression and a (generally) tough Champion
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#15uchihajuan176Posted 2/4/2013 10:52:25 PM
nro87 posted...
uchihajuan176 posted...
SR71halo posted...
uchihajuan176 posted...

How old are you? It's a remake of G/S/C. If you are this excited about this, but never played G/S/C, I get the feeling that you are an underage user.

i am 24. And no i didnt play pokemon while i was growing up i watched the shows but didnt play the games. I was always into shooters growing up and i got into pokemon games wayyy later.
---
GT: Ayooooooo JJB
MH Tri : JJB HR 150
#16Whats_Up4444(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 11:05:11 PM(edited)
It's Johto, and Kanto.

It's two years after FireRed so all the leaders are older and stronger. So is the E4

Plus the region changed somewhat.

And you can get a starter from each region except for Sinnoh's starter after beat the game
---
Oh no! My http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/570198-basketball-nightmare/ ! :o
http://tital.bigforumpro.com/ Join the Haven of all Kingdom Hearts Roleplays!
#17SephirothtPosted 2/5/2013 12:42:24 AM
While W2 is currently my fav game, HG/SS were just awesome. I still hate gen 5 a little for not being able to play only with d-pad and touch screen.
Pretty much the only reason I dun really wanna play them again is the outright horrible level curve. (and I got spoiled by the constantly moving sprites (W2 made it worse))
---
Official Jungo & Black Rider of the SMTIV board.
Officially faved Ninetales everywhere, R - Burning Executive