This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fennekin might be part ghost.

#21NomytakerPosted 2/5/2013 11:56:45 AM
As long as the evo's are god damn fighting, they can be what they hell they want to.
---
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
#22CakeOfLiesPosted 2/5/2013 11:59:53 AM
Personally, I think Froakie looks more like a Psychic than Fennekin does.

I think it would be really cool if Fennekin became Ghost or Dark. It would be a nice way to change things a bit.
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/11/wXLYp87DiE2C6xnGXLS7BA2.jpg
#23P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 2/5/2013 12:03:56 PM
I think that would be pretty awesome. I could go for Froakie being Water/Electric as well. Maybe Chespin can be Grass/Steel
---
Official Lugia of the Pokemon BW2 Boards
#24jayman7Posted 2/5/2013 12:37:08 PM(edited)
schlimanokobibi posted...
RX02Banshee posted...
Now, if one is part Dark, and the other is part Fighting, what doesn't fit in the triangle? Ghost. Psychic meanwhile fits the triangle perfectly.

Dark, Fighting and Psychic don't make a triangle. A good triangle goes NVE the other way around, Dark completely cancels out Psychic, it's a no go.

Also, Froakie's second move looked way more like acrobatics or a quick attack to me.

My guess for the types of the final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Water/Flying and undecided on Chespin.

I facepalm at your post. Why, why, why, why, WHY?! does it matter that Dark is immune to Psychic, especially when we're talking about GRASS/Dark and FIRE!!!!!/Psychic! Oh durr it's not like Grass/Dark is weak to fire or nothin.

Listen and listen well. The starters are not balanced. The starters were never intended to be balanced. (Charizard: Look at me! I'm doubly-resistant to Grass! While the other starters don't get double resistances to the other starters!! Swampert: >:( Shut up.) The starters were designed to that the player would always lose. Player always loses =/= balance.

Okay, the fourth-gen starters were almost balanced. But only them! And we're talking about making the sixth-gen starters balanced (by their final evolutions). But all the same...

And then Water/Flying for Froakie? Flying??! What? I'd have been more convinced by the possibility of Tepig being a Flying-type - at least "flying pigs" is an expression!
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#25WindyligthPosted 2/5/2013 7:48:44 PM
mump
---
Why can't the caterpie and the pidgey be friends? One eats leaves and the other eats caterpie. Oh I see it now.
#26schlimanokobibiPosted 2/6/2013 10:07:55 AM
jayman7 posted...
I facepalm at your post. Why, why, why, why, WHY?! does it matter that Dark is immune to Psychic, especially when we're talking about GRASS/Dark and FIRE!!!!!/Psychic! Oh durr it's not like Grass/Dark is weak to fire or nothin.

Listen and listen well. The starters are not balanced. The starters were never intended to be balanced. (Charizard: Look at me! I'm doubly-resistant to Grass! While the other starters don't get double resistances to the other starters!! Swampert: >:( Shut up.) The starters were designed to that the player would always lose. Player always loses =/= balance.

Okay, the fourth-gen starters were almost balanced. But only them! And we're talking about making the sixth-gen starters balanced (by their final evolutions). But all the same...

And then Water/Flying for Froakie? Flying??! What? I'd have been more convinced by the possibility of Tepig being a Flying-type - at least "flying pigs" is an expression!

Because with Dark being immune to Psychic it cancels out the triangle. Fire, Grass and Water make a perfect triangle because it goes both ways, and people treat Dark, Fighting and Psychic like it's a perfect triangle as well, when it's not, and that annoys me. Dark has an unfair advantage.
I don't give a rat's dung if those types turn out to be the starter's secondary types, but when they are, it's not because it's a super obvious secondary triangle, because it's not even a triangle.

As far as Froakie goes, that thing around his neck is pretty damn cloudy looking, and I though it was common knowledge that there are frogs who are able to glide/fly from the tree to tree. For Arceus' sake the first link that appears on Google when you search for "flying frogs" is a wikipedia page. I think the concept of a flying-typed frog isn't as Farfetch'd as you think it is.
---
Official Magmortar of the Pokemon Black 2 Boards
PSN: DaVinkie // Gamertag: DaaVinkie
#27ChackNorris7Posted 2/6/2013 10:08:31 AM
CharizardFire posted...
Fennekin's pure fire.

I think its evolved forms will be Fire/Psychic.

I argee with this.
---
R.I.P. MovesLikeJabba who died at the hand of the mods-November 29, 2012~January 17, 2013
Official Keldeo of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#28WindyligthPosted 2/8/2013 3:38:46 AM
ChackNorris7 posted...
CharizardFire posted...
Fennekin's pure fire.

I argee with this.

That's a lame type.
I don't see what the big commotion is about the possibility that he could be Fire/Fighting
IT IS A GOOD TYPE PEOPLE
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.
#29SephirothtPosted 2/8/2013 4:11:51 AM
Windyligth posted...
ChackNorris7 posted...
CharizardFire posted...
Fennekin's pure fire.

I argee with this.

That's a lame type.
I don't see what the big commotion is about the possibility that he could be Fire/Fighting
IT IS A GOOD TYPE PEOPLE

And one that has been used 3 times in a row. Some of us would like something different by now.
---
Official Jungo & Black Rider of the SMTIV board.
Officially faved Ninetales everywhere, R - Burning Executive
#30WindyligthPosted 2/10/2013 3:23:31 AM
Some of us like the tradition.
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.