This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has the Pokemon designs ever prevented you from playing?

#1sonictrainerPosted 2/4/2013 11:45:02 PM
If you don't like the designs of the Pokemon, do you still buy and play the game? - Results (333 votes)
If a few Pokemon look horrible, I skip the game
0.3% (1 votes)
If some of the Pokemon look horrible, I skip the game
0% (0 votes)
If half of the Pokemon look horrible, I skip the game
1.5% (5 votes)
If most of the Pokemon look horrible, I skip the game
2.7% (9 votes)
If all the Pokemon Pokemon horrible, I skip the game
1.5% (5 votes)
If I encounter any Pokemon that looks horrible, I just don't catch it/run away from it
18.32% (61 votes)
This is why I rent the games
0% (0 votes)
The Designs of the Pokemon don't effect me that much, outside of having opinions of how they look
51.95% (173 votes)
Other (Post in Topic)
2.7% (9 votes)
Bacon
21.02% (70 votes)
This poll is now closed.
A New Generation is revealed.

However, as you look at the new Pokemon and the regional Pokedex, you're not a big fan of how the new Pokemon look.

Whether you don't like their colors, designs, or proportions, in your mind they look horrible.

Has this ever bothered you to a point that it stopped you from buying a Pokemon game?
---
Sonictrainer's Pokemon Shop
Reopening Soon
#2EnferolunosPosted 2/4/2013 11:46:16 PM
If there was a point where they were all terrible, I might skip.
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#3HauntedBulletsPosted 2/5/2013 12:04:56 AM
If I literally could not find a good team of six I would probably transfer pokemon over and obliterate everyone for being ugly.
---
PSN: HauntedBullets
#4Zarren364Posted 2/5/2013 12:05:26 AM
Sonic, you're my second favorite person on this board. I hope people follow in your footsteps.

They don't prevent me from playing the game, but I won't use some pokemon because of their designs.
---
GLAD GANG l SSS l No.XII l OPBW2C-Wargle I R - Zarren
I am the Anti-troll. Your poll needs a bacon option.
#5MaurithPosted 2/5/2013 3:11:38 AM
I skipped Gen 3. I did play eventually. As much as I love the overworld of Hoenn, I can very rarely be satisfied with my team. I don't think they're badly designed necessarily, just the overall style doesn't appeal to me, and the majority of pokes I really don't have any strong feeling towards.
---
Official Floatzel of the Pokemon XY boards
Wheel of Time Progress: EotW, TGH, TDR, TSR, [FoH: 2%]
#6FryDays5000Posted 2/5/2013 4:38:55 AM
I find the reason "not buying the newer games because of the monsters introduced" pretty ridiculous if you can still use your precious older mons in their newest installments. I don't really care if people hate the expansions of the pokedex, but that doesn't mean they would use that excuse and not enjoy the new features and improved mechanics the game would offer us. Instead they care about the subjective crap :(

When it comes to Pokemon, people never try to find a solution to their problems anymore.
---
Freiza may be cool, but his brother is..... COOLER(get it?)
3DS FC:0645-6947-9076
#7MaurithPosted 2/5/2013 4:55:22 AM
FryDays5000 posted...
I find the reason "not buying the newer games because of the monsters introduced" pretty ridiculous if you can still use your precious older mons in their newest installments. I don't really care if people hate the expansions of the pokedex, but that doesn't mean they would use that excuse and not enjoy the new features and improved mechanics the game would offer us. Instead they care about the subjective crap :(

When it comes to Pokemon, people never try to find a solution to their problems anymore.

Hmmm. It sounds like you're saying everyone who doesn't like the Pokémon on offer in a game is a blind nostalgia fan. "Precious" older mons. As I said in my post, while I don't mind playing through RSE, I never feel any enthusiasm for my team without resorting to using the same few every time. A lot of the older Pokémon that were in those games either didn't appeal to me, or were obtained too late into the game. I do like some RSE pokes, but as a whole, I don't like the overall style compared to those before them, AND after them (I like quite a lot of Gen 4 and 5 pokes).

And to be fair, considering Black and White (don't get me wrong, I love them), if I didn't like the vast majority of Pokémon available - and considering trading isn't an option for everyone - is it so unreasonable that they'd want to give it a miss? Yes, there are solutions, but not everyone playing these is a hardcore fan and has to play each entry in the series - maybe some people don't want to force themselves through the main quest of BW. That's their choice. BW2 came out afterwards which offered older Pokes anyway.
---
Official Floatzel of the Pokemon XY boards
Wheel of Time Progress: EotW, TGH, TDR, TSR, [FoH: 2%]
#8sonictrainer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 11:02:57 AM
There's a typo in the 5th option.

It should say "If all the Pokemon look horrible, I skip the game".
---
Reopening Soon
#9Davidk92Posted 2/5/2013 11:06:16 AM
Other.

I don't actually play the games (though I MAY play this one). The designs of the Pokemon and their info is actually the only reason I'm a fan at all.
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#10sonictrainer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 11:00:27 PM
bump
---
Reopening Soon