This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Some of the most innovative designs?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Some of the most innovative designs?

User Info: LightningAce11

LightningAce11
3 years ago#1
Lati@s for me. I mean, they are a combination of a dragon and a plane, and that worked pretty well.

Zekrom and reshiram. I feel that gamefreak put a lot of effort into this, and the turbine and generator as tails was awesome. I also like their wings, body shapes and cries.
Official Zapdos of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
Married to Rosa

User Info: King-gamer

King-gamer
3 years ago#2
Dunsparce.

It's so beautiful nobody remembers him.
This is a sig. Yup.

User Info: noname2lazy

noname2lazy
3 years ago#3
Ho-Oh
Dialga
Groudon
Yveltal
Victini
Manaphy

User Info: Windyligth

Windyligth
3 years ago#4
The grass starters always grow on me.
Why can't the caterpie and the pidgey be friends? One eats leaves and the other eats caterpie. Oh I see it now.

User Info: Kitschgardener

Kitschgardener
3 years ago#5
Garchomp: A different take on the Lati@s idea - dragon/shark/jet plane

Scraggy/Scrafty: Not so much based on a specific animal as something animals do: moulting. Demonstrates not all Pokémon need to be a certain colour associated with their type.

Baltoy/Claydol: Based on doguu, some 2000+ year old style of sculptures.

Wobbuffet/Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan: Rare examples of Pokémon based on specific people.

User Info: timirchand624

timirchand624
3 years ago#6
Who was Wobbs modeled after?
GT:timirchand

User Info: CharizardFire

CharizardFire
3 years ago#7
Scraggy/Scrafty: Not so much based on a specific animal as something animals do: moulting.

I'm pretty sure that they're at least partially based off of street punks.
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif

User Info: Kitschgardener

Kitschgardener
3 years ago#8
Who was Wobbs modeled after?

The comedian Sanpei Hayashiya, whose shtick was to touch his forehead with his hand and say, "Sou nansu, oku-san!": "That's the way it is, ma'am!" Sounansu is Wobbuffet's Japanese name.

I'm pretty sure that they're at least partially based off of street punks.

Pretty much: baggy skin (from moulting) = baggy clothes.

User Info: Maurith

Maurith
3 years ago#9
King-gamer posted...
Dunsparce.

It's so beautiful nobody remembers him.

I love Dunsparce too <3

Gen 1:
Slowpoke/bro - Pink hippo-like thing that fishes with its tail and has Psychic power
Exeggcute/tor - Egg-like seeds evolving into a coconut tree....with Psychic powers :P
All Nido's - vaguely resemble some real-life animals but are actual quite original monsters.

Gen 2:
Shuckle - based on its origins, and its unique Berry Juice mechanic relating to that
Wobbuffet - though I'm still not sure entirely what it's supposed to be :P a punch-bag with a shadow? [EDIT: ^mind=BLOWN]
Donphan - A relatively small elephant...which rolls around in a ball at high speeds? Ha, cool.

Gen 3:
Shedinja - its origins and unique twist
Slaking - an interesting application of the then-new Abilities, trading larger-than-average power for missing turns
Milotic - a fan favourite that also utilised the contest stats, and draws from multiple influences
Deoxys - while I'm not a fan, it introduced multiple forms (at least with significant differences)

Gen 4:
Vespiquen - simple, not remembered much, but its basis is sound and has several unique moves relating to bee culture
Spiritomb maybe?

Gen 5:
Zoroark - very special ability fitting for its origin
Karrablast / Shelmet - swapping parts of each other's body when traded
Kyurem - while I hope they don't go overboard with this in future, the ability to merge with Reshi/Zek was innovative.
Official Floatzel of the Pokemon XY boards
Wheel of Time Progress: EotW, TGH, TDR, TSR, [FoH: 2%]

User Info: JacK_1S_BK

JacK_1S_BK
3 years ago#10
Voltorb's design is pretty innovative.
BACK
Jack has done nothing but...acts all innocent and... he honestly thought he was being helpful...~~HylianWarrior
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Some of the most innovative designs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived