This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Some of the most innovative designs?

#1LightningAce11Posted 2/5/2013 12:05:48 AM
Lati@s for me. I mean, they are a combination of a dragon and a plane, and that worked pretty well.

Zekrom and reshiram. I feel that gamefreak put a lot of effort into this, and the turbine and generator as tails was awesome. I also like their wings, body shapes and cries.
---
Official Zapdos of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
Married to Rosa
#2King-gamerPosted 2/5/2013 12:09:05 AM
Dunsparce.

It's so beautiful nobody remembers him.
---
This is a sig. Yup.
#3noname2lazyPosted 2/5/2013 12:35:13 AM(edited)
Ho-Oh
Dialga
Groudon
Yveltal
Victini
Manaphy
#4WindyligthPosted 2/5/2013 12:37:57 AM
The grass starters always grow on me.
---
Why can't the caterpie and the pidgey be friends? One eats leaves and the other eats caterpie. Oh I see it now.
#5KitschgardenerPosted 2/5/2013 12:48:43 AM
Garchomp: A different take on the Lati@s idea - dragon/shark/jet plane

Scraggy/Scrafty: Not so much based on a specific animal as something animals do: moulting. Demonstrates not all Pokémon need to be a certain colour associated with their type.

Baltoy/Claydol: Based on doguu, some 2000+ year old style of sculptures.

Wobbuffet/Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan: Rare examples of Pokémon based on specific people.
#6timirchand624Posted 2/5/2013 2:18:17 AM
Who was Wobbs modeled after?
---
GT:timirchand
#7CharizardFirePosted 2/5/2013 2:37:25 AM
Scraggy/Scrafty: Not so much based on a specific animal as something animals do: moulting.

I'm pretty sure that they're at least partially based off of street punks.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#8KitschgardenerPosted 2/5/2013 5:03:04 AM
Who was Wobbs modeled after?

The comedian Sanpei Hayashiya, whose shtick was to touch his forehead with his hand and say, "Sou nansu, oku-san!": "That's the way it is, ma'am!" Sounansu is Wobbuffet's Japanese name.

I'm pretty sure that they're at least partially based off of street punks.

Pretty much: baggy skin (from moulting) = baggy clothes.
#9MaurithPosted 2/5/2013 5:27:47 AM(edited)
King-gamer posted...
Dunsparce.

It's so beautiful nobody remembers him.

I love Dunsparce too <3

Gen 1:
Slowpoke/bro - Pink hippo-like thing that fishes with its tail and has Psychic power
Exeggcute/tor - Egg-like seeds evolving into a coconut tree....with Psychic powers :P
All Nido's - vaguely resemble some real-life animals but are actual quite original monsters.

Gen 2:
Shuckle - based on its origins, and its unique Berry Juice mechanic relating to that
Wobbuffet - though I'm still not sure entirely what it's supposed to be :P a punch-bag with a shadow? [EDIT: ^mind=BLOWN]
Donphan - A relatively small elephant...which rolls around in a ball at high speeds? Ha, cool.

Gen 3:
Shedinja - its origins and unique twist
Slaking - an interesting application of the then-new Abilities, trading larger-than-average power for missing turns
Milotic - a fan favourite that also utilised the contest stats, and draws from multiple influences
Deoxys - while I'm not a fan, it introduced multiple forms (at least with significant differences)

Gen 4:
Vespiquen - simple, not remembered much, but its basis is sound and has several unique moves relating to bee culture
Spiritomb maybe?

Gen 5:
Zoroark - very special ability fitting for its origin
Karrablast / Shelmet - swapping parts of each other's body when traded
Kyurem - while I hope they don't go overboard with this in future, the ability to merge with Reshi/Zek was innovative.
---
Official Floatzel of the Pokemon XY boards
Wheel of Time Progress: EotW, TGH, TDR, TSR, [FoH: 2%]
#10JacK_1S_BKPosted 2/5/2013 5:30:25 AM
Voltorb's design is pretty innovative.
---
BACK
Jack has done nothing but...acts all innocent and... he honestly thought he was being helpful...~~HylianWarrior