This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What if the version differences

#1VoidBeyondPosted 2/5/2013 9:11:47 AM
Imagine this

In X you go through 8 gyms on the left side of the region, in Y you go through 8 gyms on the right side of the regions and the starting town is in the near lower middle part of the region and the Victory Road is in the upper middle part of the region. Once the game is beaten you can go to the left/right hand side and battle those gyms. Thoughts?
---
GT: Dethrow2112//PSN: DuodecimKnight//PKMN White FC: 4771 6383 7145
#2MesmerilPosted 2/5/2013 9:14:54 AM
Like it. Do it. Now.
#3SooChillinPosted 2/5/2013 9:17:19 AM
As long as it's not that 18 Hour Johto Region. Then 1 Hour and a Half Kanto Region.
#4Ambi3ntT3chPosted 2/5/2013 9:17:31 AM
That's pretty cool, it would mean no version exclusives though that's not a bad thing.
#5VoidBeyond(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 9:42:12 AM(edited)
Ambi3ntT3ch posted...
That's pretty cool, it would mean no version exclusives though that's not a bad thing.

They could still make some Pokemon version exclusive the same way they always do, but they could also do like with Sawk/Throh and Red/Blue Basculin but make them a lot more rare.
---
#6Missing NumberPosted 2/5/2013 9:48:46 AM
Kinda like this idea, doesn't need to be left and right though but I get ur drift, just need a separator like... u have trees blocking paths in X, and rocks in Y, and you don't get the right tool or hm (hate hms but I digress) til the post game.... or something like that
---
If I ain't gonna be part of the greatest, I gotta be the greatest myself! ~ Busta Rhymes
#7VoidBeyond(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 2:11:42 PM
Bumping
---
#8DoctorJimmy133Posted 2/5/2013 2:26:06 PM
This sounds amazing, but I can't imagine they would put in such drastic differences between the two games. Someone remind me of the single greatest difference between B2 and W2? Like which Legendary you can get or something?
#9ExcaliburOwnerPosted 2/5/2013 2:46:41 PM
Might be a good idea actually. Europe (the place everyone agrees these games are based upon) is connected to Asia. They could make the left part cities look like European countries and the other part cities look like western Asia countries (though the majority of the land would be Russia, probably).

Would not work if they intend to base their future games on existing cities, however, as most of the ideas would be gone with this one game.
---
Played: Pokemon Black (and White). Progress: Finished both, with complete Pokedex in Black.
Playing: Pokemon Conquest. Progress: At the post-game.
#10EnferolunosPosted 2/5/2013 2:56:16 PM
Sorry TC, but it would be top/bottom, not left/right
http://www.plandeparis.info/plans-de-paris/plan-de-paris.jpg
There's a nice river dividing north and south.
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you