This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only one who wants voice acting and anime cutscenes?

#1RollerBobPosted 2/5/2013 7:05:04 PM
Let's say you're face-to-face with a gym leader, your rival, the criminal boss, an Elite Four member or the Champion, and as soon as you talk to them, the screen fades out... and fades in with an anime cutscene (same quality as the B2 & W2 trailer) with your challenger talking to you (presenting him/herself, taunting, bragging; let's face they usually have a big ego and are arrogant) with actual voicework, for like 15 seconds, finishes off by tossing a pokeball, the ball opens and causes a white out... and then fades back into the game, the "you vs Challenger" banner appears, music starts and battle start.

Let's say you win against that challenger and right after you learned that you win, the screen fades out and fades in for another cutscene with the challenger acknowledging defeat for another 15 seconds before going back into the game.

That may sound cheesy with extra cheddar and mozzarella, but... I really think that the important trainers in Pokémon deserve a better presentation. They're mostly the boss characters in the series, and yet all you get is 6 lines of text and go for battle. If I take the anime series for instance, the characters are much, MUCH more fleshed out. My idea for cutscenes and voicework would give these characters more personality and would make those battles more memorable.

I'm not asking for something taboo... am I?
---
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.
#2LexifoxPosted 2/5/2013 7:07:14 PM
You are not the only one who wants this, but you are in the minority.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#3RollerBob(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 7:10:36 PM
Lexifox posted...
You are not the only one who wants this, but you are in the minority.

*sighs*

So much for asking for a cool presentation...
---
#4P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 2/5/2013 7:12:10 PM
Eh, I'd like having another animated trailer, but I think plopping in a cutscene before an important battle takes away from the game's atmosphere.
---
Official Lugia of the Pokemon BW2 Boards
#5GATTJTPosted 2/5/2013 7:19:42 PM
I would totally love this, especially with how freaking awesome the anime trailer for BW2 was. Damn, that s*** was beautiful...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xjBAd5G84
#6King-gamerPosted 2/5/2013 7:20:02 PM
They are getting there. They semi-did it with zooming in to N's face.
---
This is a sig. Yup.
#7VampLordAdamaruPosted 2/5/2013 7:22:23 PM
It would be cool to have them, but there's so much more they could use that space for. Instead, they could save it for a big console game, should they choose to make a good one.
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#8RollerBob(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 9:10:50 AM
VampLordAdamaru posted...
It would be cool to have them, but there's so much more they could use that space for. Instead, they could save it for a big console game, should they choose to make a good one.

Are cutscenes that big in terms of space?
---
#9gladwyn101Posted 2/6/2013 9:59:12 AM
I like cutscenes in RPG because it adds immersion. In this game, it would make me feel more like an actual Pokemon Trainer facing off against someone really tough. I also wouldn't mind the two Trainer bars appearing before a battle with regular Trainers as well.

Heck, I hope that pictures of the Trainers show up when you talk to them as well. Kinda like the Yu-Gi-Oh games on the handhelds.
---
Bazinga! *dives into ballpit*
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Shiny Umbreon
#10scrappybristolPosted 2/6/2013 10:01:14 AM
I want actual choices.

I want my Yes and No to mean something dammit!
---
I'm a jukebox hero.