This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only one who wants voice acting and anime cutscenes?

#11paiprPosted 2/6/2013 11:11:50 AM
It be interesting. I'd rather see these scene when battling the evil team.

if they did do anime cut scenes I imagine it be only the opener, and maybe maybe the end credits.

that said with the new visuals being what they are I imagine they will be sticking with those for now.
---
cant decide which movie is the worst movie; dragon ball z evolution, m.nights last air bender, or twilight????? hmmm
#12kingjam1Posted 2/6/2013 11:14:33 AM
RollerBob posted...
VampLordAdamaru posted...
It would be cool to have them, but there's so much more they could use that space for. Instead, they could save it for a big console game, should they choose to make a good one.

Are cutscenes that big in terms of space?

No. Layton Miracle Mask had a lot of full quality anime scenes and the E- Shop size isn't very large. I think it's around 800MB.
---
Can't think of anything
#13Devout_ManPosted 2/6/2013 11:17:12 AM
i'd support this, but maybe not every gym leader. Fairly rare, I don't want them to become completely overdone.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and do not want to burn in hell, put this in your sig.
#14Rose_MagePosted 2/6/2013 11:53:51 AM
Only if all characters are voiced by Samuel L Jackson.
---
R ~ Team Rocket Executive, Sol Enchantress, Official Beth of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board, Official DEOXYS fan of the Pokemon board
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l
#15RedShadowwwPosted 2/6/2013 12:17:18 PM
Definitely would be awesome, especially if it was like that BW2 trailer.
#16soMEguy_povoPosted 2/6/2013 1:06:18 PM
I have 3 concerns with voice acting in Pokemon.

1. Do we have enough space for it on the cart? I'd hate to see an announcement down the line that "we've had to cut out [insert awesome feature here] to make room for voice acting". I'd much prefer extra routes, events, trainers before voice acting, but as long as they're not sacrificing too much I wouldn't mind. Of course, there's also...

2. Are the voices going to be worth listening to? Honestly, a lot of voice work in games these days is fantastic, and generally fit in perfectly with the characters... but historically, Japanese/anime style games have been in sort of a weird place for voices. They either go with awkward, out-of-place American or "super exaggerated foreign" accents, or they try to use a Japanese accent with English words.

It's particularly jarring when characters refer to speaking "Japanese" or insisting that they're in [English speaking location] despite the art being very Japanese/anime style. Thankfully, this won't be a huge problem with Pokemon's "not quite Earth" setting, but still, there's the potential for it to get kind of... messy?

3. Are the voices going to be worth listening to... EVERY TIME? Let's face it, Pokemon isn't exactly known for it's fantastic story. Individual lines and characters may be done well, but in most Pokemon games, there's entire sections (even in new games I'm playing for the first time) where I can pretty accurately guess what the text is likely to be based on which cliche RPG situation I'm currently in. In most games, after the first time through, I set the text to fastest speed and mash "B" to get through it all, only just barely paying enough attention to register when the guy/girl's stopped talking at me.

And now, along comes voice acting. Even if the text is skippable (which I'm guessing/dreading that some major scenes definitely will NOT be), it's bound to take longer to skip through if the game has to wait a bit at each line to load up the voiced dialogue. And then you've got the (admittedly minor) problem of small fragments of lines getting through between presses. I'm sure we've all been there with other games... "mu"..."bu"..."th"... "or el"..."if"...

TL;DR: I'd prefer they save the space for better gameplay, I'm wary about potential accent dissonance, and I'm not looking forward to hearing voice fragments and sitting though forced cutscenes every damn time I play.
---
Another day successfully wasted.
"I need a new quote for this signature." - Me
#17Traptin3daysPosted 2/6/2013 1:24:04 PM
After watching Ni No Kuni gameplay, I'm for this.
---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D
#18RollerBob(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 2:03:14 PM
soMEguy_povo posted...
TL;DR: I'd prefer they save the space for better gameplay, I'm wary about potential accent dissonance, and I'm not looking forward to hearing voice fragments and sitting though forced cutscenes every damn time I play.

I understand your opinion. Then again, I would expect quality work myself, like making the cutscenes one-time only, skippable and then being recorded in a viewer for your room (I'm only asking for 15 seconds BTW, not 15 minutes), and voices done by professionals, like the actors that record for the anime in Japan and in NA. Finally, that would be a "nice to have" feature, I don't think people will notice that no cutscene has been made for the game and that would come out as a bonus instead. As for space, the 3DS cartridge can contain up to 8 GB of data... if not more. I'm pretty sure that it could fit somehow without having to cut other more important features.
---
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.
#19HeliotropePosted 2/6/2013 2:27:31 PM
Only if I have an option to switch to the Japanese voices or just turn off the voice acting altogether.
---
I am a Yaoi fangirl! ^_^
I'm also a shiny hunter, behold my shiny Pokemon:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFriendlyBee?feature=mhee
#20BatmanWTtPPosted 2/6/2013 2:30:01 PM
Your pokemon couldn't appear in the cutscenes
---
I'll never let you win, never.