This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Emboar is the worst starter in the history of starters

#51wind64aPosted 2/6/2013 10:05:23 PM
Serperior and Meganium are handy for utility. If you're just trying to smash things with them, you won't see their true potential. Dual Screens, and Glare make them very interesting. Also Serperior can go either with Calm Mind or Coil, and It's really not that hard to make use of Meganium. I tend to use the adorable floral dinosaur on all of my Johto playthroughs. Just because they actually take intelligence to use, doesn't make them bad. Emboar essentially just rams at things with brute force, quite often damagin itself quite a bit in the process. No elegance. People probably use Emboar more because they like being able to plow through things, even if his defenses and speed are sub-par.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#52Skull_proPosted 2/6/2013 10:05:24 PM
FungusForBrains posted...
Cool story bro. You're just saying that 'cause it's another Fire/Fighting type. What's your point, anyway, and why are you so mad, you genwunner?

Here, take this. *hands over flame shield*

Also *grabs popcorn*
---
Married to Clay, Driftveil city's gym leader
Official Roserade of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#53westontickleePosted 2/6/2013 10:11:42 PM
Oshawott said hi
---
I come from the future
Claire "Lightning" Farron's best friend, maried to Ayesha Altugle, ex lover of Milla Maxwell
#54FungusForBrainsPosted 2/7/2013 8:33:10 AM
Skull_pro posted...
Cool story bro. You're just saying that 'cause it's another Fire/Fighting type. What's your point, anyway, and why are you so mad, you genwunner?

Also *grabs popcorn*

I think that I can safely say, after fifty-odd posts, that almost no one cares about my post and that I needn't worry about being flamed.
#55SpeedDaemonPosted 2/7/2013 8:44:32 AM
competitively he IS pretty useless, but design-wise he looks pretty cool. Better than Samurott anyway.
---
Terry McAuliffe for Governor '14
#56jamieyelloPosted 2/7/2013 9:06:54 AM
You all forget Torterra, that turtle died 20 times while I tried to make the overpowered starter on my team. I restarted the game it was so bad, it was outsped by evey single pokemon. At least Emboar can sweep
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/6/11/MxFgGJlct0qVDJXRbrVQsA2.jpg
Jamiezzz on Kid Icarus
#57scrappybristolPosted 2/7/2013 9:10:06 AM
Emboar had the chance to be the best Gen V starter had GF not distributed his stats so poorly.

Half his 100 special stat and add 25 to each defensive stat an you've got yourself one awesome starter.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#58pafbonkPosted 2/7/2013 9:22:21 AM
Skull_pro posted...

Also *grabs popcorn*

I think that I can safely say, after fifty-odd posts, that almost no one cares about my post and that I needn't worry about being flamed.

Hey, I complimented it _
---
Official Pikachu of the Pokemon X board.
"1+1=2" -NickLOLZ
#59GiftedACIIIPosted 2/7/2013 11:42:23 AM
wind64a posted...
Serperior and Meganium are handy for utility. If you're just trying to smash things with them, you won't see their true potential. Dual Screens, and Glare make them very interesting. Also Serperior can go either with Calm Mind or Coil, and It's really not that hard to make use of Meganium. I tend to use the adorable floral dinosaur on all of my Johto playthroughs. Just because they actually take intelligence to use, doesn't make them bad. Emboar essentially just rams at things with brute force, quite often damagin itself quite a bit in the process. No elegance. People probably use Emboar more because they like being able to plow through things, even if his defenses and speed are sub-par.

We're talking about competitive where everything requires intelligence to use lest you be set up on and swept. For ingame anything is usable and doing stuff like Nuzlockes or Pre-evo runs are the real deals if you want a challenge.

I like using Meganium because shes an underdog and adorable (and like I said, none of her movesets require egg moves so I can just use my ingame starter) but yeah she is pretty outclassed in competititve.
#60Capitan_KidPosted 2/7/2013 11:52:02 AM
blue_hedgehog posted...
You spelled Chikorita wrong

---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!