This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If the Gastly line is make of gas...

#1MegaWentEvilPosted 2/6/2013 6:08:38 AM
...then why doesn't it have an Ability that makes it weak to fire attacks as one of its disadvantages? Don't know what other properties it could have, though...
---
Aku wa yurusan. - Kim Kaphwan
#2LightningHawk90Posted 2/6/2013 6:09:39 AM
is make of
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#3MegaWentEvil(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 6:10:18 AM
Didn't notice this.

*made of
---
Aku wa yurusan. - Kim Kaphwan
#4VampLordAdamaruPosted 2/6/2013 6:15:51 AM
Because it isn't necessarily a flammable gas?

"Gas" is technically a state of matter, nothing more. Granted, it is frequently used to refer to either "natural gas," which is a naturally occurring mixture of gases, as well as petrol/petroleum fuels. However, both uses are, technically, incorrect, though "natural gas" is at least closer to the proper use, due to its makeup.
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#5King-gamerPosted 2/6/2013 6:18:47 AM
Not all gases burn.
---
This is a sig. Yup.
#6HejiruPosted 2/6/2013 8:16:55 AM
I'm more concerned with how a Pokeball doesn't just go through a ball of gas.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#7Mario_BandicootPosted 2/6/2013 8:29:07 AM
Well, most do.

BTW, you need Oxigen to have fire. Those Pokemon cities need much more trees for them to be a safe place to live
---
Mario and Crash, Crash and Mario... Mario should have a bandicoot suit!
#8EnferolunosPosted 2/6/2013 10:37:20 AM
Mario_Bandicoot posted...
Well, most do.

BTW, you need Oxigen to have fire. Those Pokemon cities need much more trees for them to be a safe place to live

What?
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#9gladwyn101Posted 2/6/2013 10:55:04 AM
Well, most do.

Gases with carbon in them extinguish fire. Keep in mind in order for fire to be sustained, it requires fuel, not just oxygen and a spark, and the distribution must be just so. Thus, Gastly would not catch fire unless it consisted of a hydro-carbon compound such as gasoline, alcohol, sugar, etc, which is highly unlikely, and even then, because gastly is dense enough to stay in one piece, there is no air within Gastly's form. Stoichiometry is key to ignition.
---
Bazinga! *dives into ballpit*
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Shiny Umbreon
#10VampLordAdamaruPosted 2/6/2013 11:10:32 AM
Well, most do.

ITP: Wood doesn't burn.
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!