This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here secretly resent Pokemon...

#1AboveTopSecretPosted 2/6/2013 6:25:56 AM
...And wish other "Pokemon-esque" franchises should have become the global phenomenon Pokemon is today? i.e. Digimon, Monster Rancher, Bey Blade, NeoPets, Yu-Gi-Oh(?), etc.

Pixie TT.TT
---
Salt causes Diabetes.
#2pokemonfreak97Posted 2/6/2013 6:32:35 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but I don't.
---
Which is more mature: playing a game where you can shoot people or seeing those games and deciding not to play them?
Yes, I formerly had a Pokemon Gen VI sig.
#3Jrx1Posted 2/6/2013 6:34:12 AM
Some of these you mentioned are big enough for me (Yu-Gi-Oh, Beyblade, Digimon), so that's all i need.
---
Official Cyrus of Pokemon Black Version 2 GameFAQs Boards
Claimed Palkia on the Pokemon Black Version 2 GameFAQs Boards
#4paiprPosted 2/6/2013 6:36:17 AM
I just wish other franchises wouldn't always be accused of ripping off Pokemon. jade cocoon was a great game as is the dragon quest monster series. digimon games tend to have the problem of not being consistent.
---
cant decide which movie is the worst movie; dragon ball z evolution, m.nights last air bender, or twilight????? hmmm
#5VampLordAdamaruPosted 2/6/2013 6:46:06 AM
I don't resent Pokemon for its success. I just wish some of the other franchises would step their games up. *CoughDigimonGamesCough.*
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#6QuetzalmaPosted 2/6/2013 6:48:08 AM
VampLordAdamaru posted...
I don't resent Pokemon for its success. I just wish some of the other franchises would step their games up. *CoughDigimonGamesCough.*

this
I'd so wish for great new digimon games to come out, a new digimon game hasnt come out in forever

Yu-Gi-Oh still has cool games on the PSP, the Tag Team or Tag Force thingies
#7VampLordAdamaruPosted 2/6/2013 6:52:43 AM
Quetzalma posted...

this
I'd so wish for great new digimon games to come out, a new digimon game hasnt come out in forever

Actually, a new Digimon game, Digimon Adventure, came out recently in Japan. However, there's no word on a global release at the moment, unfortunately...
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#8QuetzalmaPosted 2/6/2013 7:00:20 AM
Quetzalma posted...

this

Actually, a new Digimon game, Digimon Adventure, came out recently in Japan. However, there's no word on a global release at the moment, unfortunately...

I know, I've been following the fan translation it's being made, I think it's almost complete
you can follow it here:
http://gbatemp.net/topic/331385-digimon-world-redigitize-translation/
#9taexPosted 2/6/2013 7:02:39 AM
If I hated Pokemon why would I keep it a secret? Cowardice?
---
Mmm... Pies...
#10AboveTopSecret(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 7:03:53 AM
taex posted...
If I hated Pokemon why would I keep it a secret? Cowardice?

Cause you're a Conformist mayhaps?
---
Salt causes Diabetes.