This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there any pokemon that displays signs of civilization?

#1javel34Posted 2/6/2013 7:13:29 AM
By that I mean which pokemon is most likely to become the next "master" species.

Is there any pokemon that can make tools, communicate via writing and speech, create culture, build communities?

The closest I can think of is Slowking....they are intelligent, can reproduce (unlike Mewtwo), I imagine they can make tools and probably farm the land if needed. I'm not sure if they have shown the ability to live in communities though.
---
Black2 FC: 0519 5089 8733
#2CakeOfLiesPosted 2/6/2013 7:16:00 AM
Bug Types (specifically Ledian) are gonna make civilization and catch humans (specifically Black Belts) and train them to battle each other.
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/11/wXLYp87DiE2C6xnGXLS7BA2.jpg
#3VampLordAdamaruPosted 2/6/2013 7:16:43 AM
Abra line is highly intelligent also.
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#4javel34(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 7:26:16 AM
VampLordAdamaru posted...
Abra line is highly intelligent also.

Oh yes true, and they also show signs upon evolution of tool use in the form of spoons I guess :p

They've always struck me as loners though, whereas I could see Slowkings forming little groups for protection eventually culminating into villages and things.

Now a pokemon that already lives in communites, and could possibly learn to make tools are Vespiquens....but I'm not sure what their intelligence level is right now and I think making females being rare and Combees not having hands will be to their disadvantage.
---
#5HejiruPosted 2/6/2013 8:16:13 AM
Well in the anime they seem to portray all Pokemon of having human-like intelligence.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#6AmarudoPosted 2/6/2013 8:28:08 AM
I'd imagine the Timburr line would make excellent labourers to physically build a community, given that they have direct operatives on how to do so.
#7ArethaiPosted 2/6/2013 8:34:58 AM
The Seedot line seems to fill a lot of your criteria.
Nuzleaf and Shiftry live in communities with stronger Shiftry's at the top of the hierarchy.
And Nuzleaf can make whistles out of leaves, so I wouldn't rule out further tool use.
It also says they're actively mischievous and sometimes malicious which is a sign of high intelligence.
#8javel34(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 8:41:33 AM
Arethai posted...
The Seedot line seems to fill a lot of your criteria.
Nuzleaf and Shiftry live in communities with stronger Shiftry's at the top of the hierarchy.
And Nuzleaf can make whistles out of leaves, so I wouldn't rule out further tool use.
It also says they're actively mischievous and sometimes malicious which is a sign of high intelligence.

That would make them the front runners so far. I can see them taking over after humans disappear.
---
#9KingTumbleweedPosted 2/6/2013 8:43:28 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
Bug Types (specifically Ledian) are gonna make civilization and catch humans (specifically Black Belts) and train them to battle each other.

In a fictional movie.
---
<('__'< ) <( '__' )> ( >'__')> ^( '__' ^) (^ '__')^ ^( ' o ' )^
Official Ferrothorn of Pokemon X/Y boards. Apparently married to Sabrina.
#10CakeOfLiesPosted 2/6/2013 8:45:00 AM
KingTumbleweed posted...
CakeOfLies posted...

In a fictional movie.

In a fictional game.
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/11/wXLYp87DiE2C6xnGXLS7BA2.jpg