This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark/psychic/fighting starters?

#1sheep007Posted 2/6/2013 8:53:42 AM
I just watched the X/Y trailers again,and noticed that it looks like fennekin uses some sort of psychic type attack,and that chespin seems to use a dark attack,and froakie could be using a fighting attack.That made me think that they may be those types too,or at least when fully evolved.It makes sense too,since they'd be able to cover their weaknesses.Does anyone else think this?
---
The sheep are falling from the skyyyyyyyy!!!!!!
3DS:FC 5026-4475-7528
#2OcarinaofToastPosted 2/6/2013 8:54:35 AM
You don't say</sarcasm>
---
R.I.P. MovesLikeJabba who died at the hand of the mods-November 29, 2012~January 17, 2013
HAIL DRAGO NATION! IT'S WALUIGI TIME!!!
#3scrappybristolPosted 2/6/2013 8:54:37 AM
No. This idea is full of originality.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#4IrisVilePosted 2/6/2013 8:55:16 AM
There has been mass speculations, but we honestly don't know yet. Also prepare for. Trouble....
---
I'm a wench, who vomits her mind.
#5OcarinaofToastPosted 2/6/2013 8:55:17 AM
scrappybristol posted...
No. This idea is full of originality.

Our posts were 2 seconds away from each other xD
---
R.I.P. MovesLikeJabba who died at the hand of the mods-November 29, 2012~January 17, 2013
HAIL DRAGO NATION! IT'S WALUIGI TIME!!!
#6javel34Posted 2/6/2013 8:55:38 AM
Nope they are Grass/Fire/Water starters

Their evo's are steel/psychic/flying
---
Black2 FC: 0519 5089 8733
#7MugilokoPosted 2/6/2013 8:56:46 AM(edited)
Oh, really/sarcasm
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/VcOip.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#8scrappybristolPosted 2/6/2013 8:56:37 AM
IrisVile posted...
There has been mass speculations, but we honestly don't know yet. Also prepare for. Trouble....

Oh! Oh!

And make it double!
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#9KingTumbleweedPosted 2/6/2013 8:57:57 AM
Been debunked several times.
---
<('__'< ) <( '__' )> ( >'__')> ^( '__' ^) (^ '__')^ ^( ' o ' )^
Official Ferrothorn of Pokemon X/Y boards. Apparently married to Sabrina.
#10MaurithPosted 2/6/2013 9:04:32 AM
As I type, the sarcasm will be flooding in...

Yes, it's been suspected (a lot)
However, while the colour of the trail Chespin leaves behind is purplish - a colour associated with dark type - the animation is a lot closer to Aerial Ace than any existing Dark type move.

Furthermore, while having that triad would allow them to have a more even match-up against their stronger starter....does it matter? The starters are there to teach you the basics of type advantages and disadvantages with 3 easy to understand concepts: Fire, Water, and Grass. After that...well. The few times you'll see the rival's starter - you're not obliged to use your starter. In Gen 4 they actually messed the "balance" up by making Infernape and Torterra strong against the other 2, and Empoleon just loses its weakness (and resistance) to the other twos main types.

They could give them that trio but it's not necessary, or worth wetting yourself with anticipation over which is the impression the fan base give. It's not an amazing idea (nor a bad one), it just really isn't a big deal.
---
Official Floatzel of the Pokemon XY boards
Wheel of Time Progress: EotW, TGH, TDR, TSR, [FoH: 2%]