This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you want Game Freak to bring roaming legendary Pokemon back?

#21reaverzPosted 2/7/2013 12:12:14 AM
The only reason Black2/White2 didn't have one is because Tornadus/Thundurus had a very specific way of being tracked when you were on their route (the heavy storm) which couldn't be matched by any of the potential roamers available in the game (Lati@s, lake trio, Cresselia). I fully expect XY to have another roaming legendary with a new way to track it down.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#22wufei8706Posted 2/7/2013 12:19:49 AM
reaverz posted...
The only reason Black2/White2 didn't have one is because Tornadus/Thundurus had a very specific way of being tracked when you were on their route (the heavy storm) which couldn't be matched by any of the potential roamers available in the game (Lati@s, lake trio, Cresselia). I fully expect XY to have another roaming legendary with a new way to track it down.

You can get them? I thought they were Dream Radar only...
---
http://i45.tinypic.com/4sl82r.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Uu5mm.png
#23reaverzPosted 2/7/2013 12:39:01 AM
Sorry, I meant the roaming Tornadus/Thundurus from Black/White. Unlike the map-tracking mechanisms for roamers in previous gens, they used a weather cue when you set foot on a route they were currently in. Since they didn't program a map-tracking system in Gen V, they probably decided not to have any roamers in Black2/White2 even though some of the previous-gen legendaries available were known as roamers.
---
#24FroakiePosted 2/7/2013 1:09:02 AM
reaverz posted...
Sorry, I meant the roaming Tornadus/Thundurus from Black/White. Unlike the map-tracking mechanisms for roamers in previous gens, they used a weather cue when you set foot on a route they were currently in. Since they didn't program a map-tracking system in Gen V, they probably decided not to have any roamers in Black2/White2 even though some of the previous-gen legendaries available were known as roamers.

Groudon and Kyogre were weather oriented in Ruby/Sapphire IIRC, like Thundurus and Tornadus.
And no, they didnt include them because they could make money off of Dream Radar. I'm sorry.
---
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/13/134743/2409667-froakie_large.jpg
#25reaverzPosted 2/7/2013 1:29:05 AM(edited)
Froakie posted...
reaverz posted...

Groudon and Kyogre were weather oriented in Ruby/Sapphire IIRC, like Thundurus and Tornadus.
And no, they didnt include them because they could make money off of Dream Radar. I'm sorry.

You're missing the point I'm trying to make. In Gen II and III, you used the Pokedex to track roamers. In Gen IV, you used either the Marking Map Poketch app (DPPt) or the Pokegear map (HgSs) to track roamers.

In Black/White, the only way to track the roaming Tornadus/Thundurus was by watching for a storm to brew when you went into a route. Sure, the electronic billboards would mention the strange weather happening on the route the roamers were currently in, but by the time you went to the route in question they had most likely moved to another route, making storm-watching the only viable method to track them down.

Black2/White2 decided to have Tornadus/Thundurus exclusive to the Dream Radar like you said, but there were plenty other legendary Pokemon available that could have roamed in their place, including Lati@s, the lake trio, and Cresselia (since most of these roamed in previous gens). However, since there was no map-tracking mechanism for roamers in Black/White, and since the Pokemon I listed don't have a feasible way of alerting the player of their presence like Tornadus/Thundurus did in Black/White, GameFreak decided not to have any roamers at all in Black2/White2. It would have been very difficult to encounter any roamers in those games.

My main point is that even though Black2/White2 didn't have any roamers, I wouldn't see it as a sign of their removal as this topic asserts. I fully expect XY to have at least one roamer, complete with a viable tracking mechanism.
---
#26SlimeStackPosted 2/7/2013 1:25:48 AM
Froakie posted...
reaverz posted...

I think you misunderstood. He was talking about Pokemon like Cresselia not being roamers, not Tornadus' gang.
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.