This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Instead of single type gyms...

#1EnferolunosPosted 2/7/2013 10:21:58 AM
How about double types?
For example:
A Fire/Water based hot-spring/sauna themed gym
A Ground/Water based oasis themed gym
A Grass/Ghost based cemetery themed gym
An Ice/Ground based tundra themed gym

Also, I'm not saying the pokemon would be mostly that double type, I'm saying most pokemon would be either of those types. Stick to a theme, but get some diversity.
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#2King-gamerPosted 2/7/2013 10:22:53 AM
If you're going for double type, might as well make variety type gyms like Blue from gen 2.
---
This is a sig. Yup.
#3SlimeStackPosted 2/7/2013 10:23:26 AM
I think that'd be a good gimmick for a couple of gyms, but not necessarily all of them. I do definitely agree that the theme of each gym shouldn't be so easily exploitable though.
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.
#4Enferolunos(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 10:24:13 AM
SlimeStack posted...
I think that'd be a good gimmick for a couple of gyms, but not necessarily all of them. I do definitely agree that the theme of each gym shouldn't be so easily exploitable though.

Sorry, I didn't mean all of them. Just a couple.
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#5ZERO2936Posted 2/7/2013 10:25:34 AM(edited)
What if they had themes other than types every now and then? For example, fossil pokemon.
#6SlimeStackPosted 2/7/2013 10:28:31 AM
ZERO2936 posted...
What if they had themes other than types every now and then? For example, fossil pokemon.

All fossils would be a rock type gym even if unintentional. :P
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.
#7King-gamerPosted 2/7/2013 10:33:42 AM
ZERO2936 posted...

Double battle triple battle and rotation battle gyms would be cool. All trainers including gym leaders would do the same.

Cilan, Cress and Chili totally should have been a triple battle gym. They call it Trio badge, yet you only fight one guy. Should have been renamed solo badge.
---
This is a sig. Yup.
#8VampLordAdamaruPosted 2/7/2013 10:36:14 AM
King-gamer posted...
ZERO2936 posted...

Double battle triple battle and rotation battle gyms would be cool. All trainers including gym leaders would do the same.

Cilan, Cress and Chili totally should have been a triple battle gym. They call it Trio badge, yet you only fight one guy. Should have been renamed solo badge.

Only if one of them was named "Han."
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#9ZERO2936Posted 2/7/2013 10:39:49 AM
SlimeStack posted...
ZERO2936 posted...

All fossils would be a rock type gym even if unintentional. :P

True, unless they add fossil pokemon that aren't rock type. Either way, I'm sure there's better examples.