This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think too many Pokemon can learn Earthquake? Poll.

#1DarkKirby2500Posted 2/7/2013 3:45:49 PM
Do you think too many Pokemon can learn Earthquake? Do you think Earthquake is too powerful? - Results (74 votes)
Earthquake is fine.
27.03% (20 votes)
Earthquake is fine, but there need to be more good high powered Special Attacks that don't have poor accuracy.
37.84% (28 votes)
Earthquake is overpowered and needs a nerf to the damage.
1.35% (1 votes)
Earthquake is overpowered and needs a nerf to the accuracy or another drawback.
2.7% (2 votes)
Earthquake is overpowered and needs a nerf to what Pokemon can learn it.
10.81% (8 votes)
This whole problem roots in Stealth Rock making Flying Types much less viable.
16.22% (12 votes)
The whole problems roots in Ground Type being too powerful.
4.05% (3 votes)
This poll is now closed.
http://serebii.net/attackdex-bw/earthquake.shtml

Pretty much every Pokemon that would want to and its grandmother can learn Earthquake.

This is a problem because there is no such Special move that fills the same role Earthquake does, a 100 damage 100 Accuracy attack with no drawback that super effective hits tons of types that are important, and is neutral to the rest. Stealth Rock (which needs a nerf) discourages the use of Flying types other then a few very powerful Flying type Pokemon (which probably have Earthquake themselves).

Overall outside of Uber, this is just one of the reasons Physical Attacker dominate while Special Attackers are seen much less. It seems since the Physical/Special split, most of the good moves became physical and much less became special. The good high powered special attacks there are like Psystrike and Psycho Boost, Blue Flare, etc, are legendary exclusives.

Things to note: I did not forget about Levitate, it doesn't make enough of a difference to change how fantastic Earthquake in its damage, accuracy, attack type effectiveness, and the massive amount of Pokemon that can learn it. Damaging your partner in 2v2 and 3v3 is not a drawback.

Also, Gamefreak is well aware of how good Earthquake is, they constantly place the TM at the end of the game or only attainable after the Elite 4. They choose to do nothing about it.

http://tinyurl.com/aowfeqz
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#2FuneralCakePosted 2/7/2013 3:46:38 PM
Earthquake is fine, but there need to be more good high powered Special Attacks that don't have poor accuracy.
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
i don't even gaf anymore
#3MugilokoPosted 2/7/2013 3:48:45 PM

---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/VcOip.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#4SlimeStackPosted 2/7/2013 3:51:43 PM
Earthquake needs to make like Toxic and be available to almost everything.
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.
#5SuikuPosted 2/7/2013 3:52:33 PM
Mugiloko posted...
#6ProdozulPosted 2/7/2013 3:55:12 PM
How many physical attacks are like earthquake where they have 100 damage and 100% accuracy?
#7CenedarprimePosted 2/7/2013 4:40:24 PM
I think Earthquake is fine the way it is. I also think it makes sense for so many Pokemon to be able to use it, almost like a right of passage for final evolutions of sorts. I do think there needs to be a Special attack of same power and accuracy that is as widely available as Earthquake. Earth Power easily could've been that if it had 10 more accuracy and were more widely available.

I love using special attackers but man do we get the shaft sometimes.
---
PKMN Black 2 FC: 4084-3329-2441
"Allons-y!"
#8Cpt_CalamityPosted 2/7/2013 4:42:24 PM
Earthquake should have a 30% chance to flinch so that Sheer Force users like Landorus, Nidoking, and Darmanitan can abuse it more.
---
"I'm Batman" ~ Batman
#9MarbychuPosted 2/7/2013 4:42:27 PM
I think it does need a nerf to the accuracy, but should keep the power. But that's just me.

No one cares what I think.

*sobs in corner*
---
---
I... just wasted... 5 seconds of your life!
#10lyle81992Posted 2/7/2013 4:44:31 PM
Too many Pokemon can learn Earthquake,but most of them can't use it effectively so its fine.
---
Pokemon Black FC-2280 5124 7519