This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Extremespeed needs an equivalent special attack

#1CenedarprimePosted 2/7/2013 4:45:31 PM
While special attackers are potent in their own right, the prevalence of strong physical moves like Extremespeed and Mach Punch (Conkeldurr and Technician Breloom love MP) is just one way that physical attackers seem to get much more time in the limelight. And who can fault them for that? Having access to such priority saves alot of headaches and gives chances for slower Pokemon to stay competitive.

For trainers like me who prefer special attackers, we would love an equivalent priority attack to Extremespeed. Anyone else feel this way? Ideas for names/types?
---
PKMN Black 2 FC: 4084-3329-2441
"Allons-y!"
#2Cpt_CalamityPosted 2/7/2013 4:49:26 PM
Any 80 BP priority move should be Normal type and have 5 PP (8 max). Anything else would be broken.

If you are just talking about a specially offensive priority move, there is Vacuum Wave. I do agree with you that there should be others though.
---
"I'm Batman" ~ Batman
#3OldDirtyCRPosted 2/7/2013 4:49:51 PM
Is this the daily fad o.o
---
Official husband of Skyla.
#4Cenedarprime(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 5:03:16 PM
Cpt_Calamity posted...
Any 80 BP priority move should be Normal type and have 5 PP (8 max). Anything else would be broken.

If you are just talking about a specially offensive priority move, there is Vacuum Wave. I do agree with you that there should be others though.

True, there is Vacuum Wave. But I can almost guarantee you that anybody running a Fighting type priority move will be using Mach Punch. Let's look at Lucario for example:

It has the stats to run a completely viable Nasty Plot set using Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse (those two together get perfect neutral coverage) and either Dragon Pulse/HP Ice to cover Dragons or Vacuum Wave for priority. With 40 base power and STAB, Vacuum Wave hits with a base power of 60. A Swords Dance Lucario using an unboosted Extremespeed still hits harder, and that's even without STAB on the move. I still love using the Nasty Plot set in game but when hitting other players, or even the PWT/Battle Subway, I have to use the Swords Dancer to be any kind of successful with Lucario.

That's just one example, I know, but how awesome would it be to see that Nasty Plot set become more popular and, in turn, vary up the metagame just that much more by having a special equivalent to Extremespeed? I'm all for a more varied metagame.

It can be a carbon copy of Extremespeed too: Normal type, 80 BP and 5 PP, just special instead of physical.
---
PKMN Black 2 FC: 4084-3329-2441
"Allons-y!"
#5MegaMage3003Posted 2/7/2013 5:33:14 PM
Cpt_Calamity posted...
Any 80 BP priority move should be Normal type and have 5 PP (8 max).

Sucker Punch
#612RougePosted 2/7/2013 5:35:59 PM
MegaMage3003 posted...
Cpt_Calamity posted...
Any 80 BP priority move should be Normal type and have 5 PP (8 max).

Sucker Punch

But Sucker Punch requires special conditions to be met to work, while Extremespeed does not.
---
Accurate description of my current emotional state:
http://i.imgur.com/XId329W.jpg Sorry if this'll affect anybody negatively.