This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate my HeartGold team?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Rate my HeartGold team?
2 years ago#1
The team I plan on using when everything is evolved is:

Feraligatr
Golem
Alakazam
Arcanine
Pidgeot and;
Ampharos

Is this a good team? I will be using Pearl and my 3DS to trade to evolve. Also, could someone give me some good movesets for these Pokemon? I've also thought about switching something for a Gengar.
2 years ago#2
Sure, that team will be fine for going through the game.

Do you plan on giving these guys HMs?

I'd say something like:

Feraligatr:
Surf
Waterfall
Ice Fang / Beam / Punch
Crunch / Superpower

Golem:
Earthquake
Rock Blast / Stone Edge
Strength
[whatever]

Alakazam:
Psychic
[any other elemental special attacks]

Arcanine: (don't use the Fire Stone until you've got all the moves you want from Growlithe's natural level-up set!)
If you want Flare Blitz you'll have to wait until Level 48 before evolving. I personally don't like recoil moves in-game though.
Flamethrower
Extremespeed (Arcanine learns at Lv39, can be gotton from move re-learner though after evolving)
Crunch
[whatever]

Pidgeot:
Fly
Return / Facade
Roost
Air Slash (idk, never use Pidgeot)

Ampharos:
Discharge
Power Gem
Signal Beam
Thunder Wave

Obviously if you don't mind having Cut, Flash etc on your main team then they can fit in somewhere.
---
Official Floatzel of the Pokemon XY boards
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j90/kouta-k6/favouritepokemon_zps877a78e5.png
2 years ago#3
dan0314 posted...

Feraligatr
Golem
Alakazam
Arcanine
Pidgeot and;
Ampharos

Is this a good team? I will be using Pearl and my 3DS to trade to evolve. Also, could someone give me some good movesets for these Pokemon? I've also thought about switching something for a Gengar.

I'd use Rhydon over Golem. Just cause I don't like the geodude line. (Or must rock lines). But play it how you want. There's few movesets that will make the game really hard on you
---
Song of the Day: Battle for Freedom FFXII
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PjEN-zFlDQ
2 years ago#4
dan0314 posted...

Feraligatr
Golem
Alakazam
Arcanine
Pidgeot and;
Ampharos

This is passable for story battles, but competitively.... Nah... their are bloody lot better choices.
---
Mess with the best, die like the rest..
2 years ago#5
I would switch Pidgeot for Dragonite or HO-OH. You can get Dratini in cave behind 8th gym. I think you can also get it at game corner(Goldenrod).I hate the new Game Corner. You get HO-OH in story.
---
Official Latios of Pokemon
2 years ago#6
pokemonzero posted...
I would switch Pidgeot for Dragonite or HO-OH. You can get Dratini in cave behind 8th gym. I think you can also get it at game corner(Goldenrod).I hate the new Game Corner. You get HO-OH in story.
I don't have the patience to train up to 55 for Dragonite, unless there's an amazing place to train.
2 years ago#7
dan0314 posted...
pokemonzero posted...
I don't have the patience to train up to 55 for Dragonite, unless there's an amazing place to train.

I used an exp share on mine. Then I grinded V road with my Starter. They both received exp.
Why are you not planning to use HO-OH?
---
Official Latios of Pokemon
2 years ago#8
pokemonzero posted...
dan0314 posted...
pokemonzero posted...

I used an exp share on mine. Then I grinded V road with my Starter. They both received exp.
Why are you not planning to use HO-OH?
I always use Ho-Oh and I'd like to use a team I've never used before. Besides, not using a Legendary would make it seem more complete. :P
2 years ago#9
A typical well balanced team you'll be fine.
---
I'm a wench, who vomits her mind.
2 years ago#10
Ever consider using Tyrogue? Hitmonlee is amazing.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Rate my HeartGold team?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived