This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate my HeartGold team?

#1dan0314Posted 2/8/2013 5:51:39 AM
The team I plan on using when everything is evolved is:

Feraligatr
Golem
Alakazam
Arcanine
Pidgeot and;
Ampharos

Is this a good team? I will be using Pearl and my 3DS to trade to evolve. Also, could someone give me some good movesets for these Pokemon? I've also thought about switching something for a Gengar.
#2MaurithPosted 2/8/2013 6:05:19 AM
Sure, that team will be fine for going through the game.

Do you plan on giving these guys HMs?

I'd say something like:

Feraligatr:
Surf
Waterfall
Ice Fang / Beam / Punch
Crunch / Superpower

Golem:
Earthquake
Rock Blast / Stone Edge
Strength
[whatever]

Alakazam:
Psychic
[any other elemental special attacks]

Arcanine: (don't use the Fire Stone until you've got all the moves you want from Growlithe's natural level-up set!)
If you want Flare Blitz you'll have to wait until Level 48 before evolving. I personally don't like recoil moves in-game though.
Flamethrower
Extremespeed (Arcanine learns at Lv39, can be gotton from move re-learner though after evolving)
Crunch
[whatever]

Pidgeot:
Fly
Return / Facade
Roost
Air Slash (idk, never use Pidgeot)

Ampharos:
Discharge
Power Gem
Signal Beam
Thunder Wave

Obviously if you don't mind having Cut, Flash etc on your main team then they can fit in somewhere.
---
Official Floatzel of the Pokemon XY boards
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j90/kouta-k6/favouritepokemon_zps877a78e5.png
#3zane0144Posted 2/8/2013 6:05:45 AM
dan0314 posted...

Feraligatr
Golem
Alakazam
Arcanine
Pidgeot and;
Ampharos

Is this a good team? I will be using Pearl and my 3DS to trade to evolve. Also, could someone give me some good movesets for these Pokemon? I've also thought about switching something for a Gengar.

I'd use Rhydon over Golem. Just cause I don't like the geodude line. (Or must rock lines). But play it how you want. There's few movesets that will make the game really hard on you
---
Song of the Day: Battle for Freedom FFXII
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PjEN-zFlDQ
#4Rpgaddict_22Posted 2/8/2013 6:23:46 AM
dan0314 posted...

Feraligatr
Golem
Alakazam
Arcanine
Pidgeot and;
Ampharos

This is passable for story battles, but competitively.... Nah... their are bloody lot better choices.
---
Mess with the best, die like the rest..
#5pokemonzeroPosted 2/8/2013 6:50:09 AM
I would switch Pidgeot for Dragonite or HO-OH. You can get Dratini in cave behind 8th gym. I think you can also get it at game corner(Goldenrod).I hate the new Game Corner. You get HO-OH in story.
---
Official Latios of Pokemon
#6dan0314(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 7:52:03 AM
pokemonzero posted...
I would switch Pidgeot for Dragonite or HO-OH. You can get Dratini in cave behind 8th gym. I think you can also get it at game corner(Goldenrod).I hate the new Game Corner. You get HO-OH in story.
I don't have the patience to train up to 55 for Dragonite, unless there's an amazing place to train.
#7pokemonzeroPosted 2/8/2013 8:23:54 AM
dan0314 posted...
pokemonzero posted...
I don't have the patience to train up to 55 for Dragonite, unless there's an amazing place to train.

I used an exp share on mine. Then I grinded V road with my Starter. They both received exp.
Why are you not planning to use HO-OH?
---
Official Latios of Pokemon
#8dan0314(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 9:39:58 AM
pokemonzero posted...
dan0314 posted...
pokemonzero posted...

I used an exp share on mine. Then I grinded V road with my Starter. They both received exp.
Why are you not planning to use HO-OH?
I always use Ho-Oh and I'd like to use a team I've never used before. Besides, not using a Legendary would make it seem more complete. :P
#9IrisVilePosted 2/8/2013 10:01:32 AM
A typical well balanced team you'll be fine.
---
I'm a wench, who vomits her mind.
#10scrappybristolPosted 2/8/2013 10:05:39 AM
Ever consider using Tyrogue? Hitmonlee is amazing.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.