This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would a Digimon revival kill Pokemon?

#1NotChris_HansenPosted 2/8/2013 9:14:35 AM
If the Digimon franchise was revived/rebooted, would it kill Pokemon? Because let's face it, the monsters in Digimon look way cooler than Pokemon. You show a kid a picture of Swablu and then show him a picture of Greymon and ask him which one he prefers - he's gonna pick Greymon. Because Greymon is badass and Swablu isn't.
#2ElectricNovaPosted 2/8/2013 9:18:18 AM
Swablu may not be badass but by god is it awesome
---
Official Rayquaza of the Pokemon X and Y boards
I like a lot of things. Like Pokemon. And Sonic. And Kirby. And Smash bros. And Coca cola.
#3ThatPersonGuyPosted 2/8/2013 9:18:32 AM
Biased example much?
---
Saki, Isaac, Lip, Lyn, and Little Mac for SSB4!
Cailou. "Cuteness never looked this badass" - Chuggaconroy.
#4willingmessPosted 2/8/2013 9:18:57 AM
NotChris_Hansen posted...
If the Digimon franchise was revived/rebooted, would it kill Pokemon? Because let's face it, the monsters in Digimon look way cooler than Pokemon. You show a kid a picture of Swablu and then show him a picture of Greymon and ask him which one he prefers - he's gonna pick Greymon. Because Greymon is badass and Swablu isn't.

I doubt it... pokemon is a rather entrenched franchise, they have different game mechanics, and digimon is percieved as derivative of pokemon, even though it isn't. I would however love to see a digimon revival in america.
---
Warning! this post may cause severe laughter. viewer discretion is advised...... read it, it's funny!
#5GATTJTPosted 2/8/2013 9:19:12 AM
lol
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xjBAd5G84
#6The_Sol_BladerPosted 2/8/2013 9:24:04 AM
Show the same kid a pic of Zekrom and he will choose it over most loldigimon
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Black FC: 4127 2517 7042
#7faruwayPosted 2/8/2013 9:27:47 AM
I had to admit, Digimon is better than Pokemon...in terms of appearance...although its franchise is lower than Pokemon. The digivolutions, the anime (first 4 seasons are the best and also, Xros Wars) and the games like Digimon World series and last month, the recently released PSP RPG game based on the first season of Digimon/Digimon Adventure anime (Best Digimon game ever, wish it would be localised but NA may ruin it)

But Pokemon is still the best.

If North America would revive Digimon, then they should localised the Digimon Adventure anime PSP RPG game along with Digimon World 5 Re Digitize but I doubt it will happen because the PSP is pretty much dead in NA.
---
Official GilgaPrishe's Spicy Hot Taco Buddy of Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy Board
WhiteFC: 2881 6954 3015, White2FC: 3740 8553 3571
#8ZeroX2624Posted 2/8/2013 9:30:17 AM
The thing about Digimon is that I can't even bring myself to try to remember all of them.
At least Pokemon has a system making it easier, which I like.
---
Who needs courage when you have a gun?- Futurama
#9SilverSaint7Posted 2/8/2013 9:34:17 AM
NotChris_Hansen posted...
You show a kid a picture of Sukamon, the digimon that literally is a turd with a face, and then show him a picture of Rayquaza and ask him which one he prefers - he's gonna pick Rayquaza. Because Rayquaza is badass and Sukamon isn't.

---
My swagger brings all the scrubs to the yard.
#10Swiftblade09Posted 2/8/2013 10:23:01 AM
The two franchises are totally different so this is irrelevant. Also Digimon isn't exactly dead.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Raiz5MAb98Q
Official Salamence of the Pokemon X and Y boards